We interrupt this apocalypse to bring you a word from our sponsors

passing_hat_small

Haha! Just kidding! We don’t actually have any sponsors.

The URL for the site was bought out of pocket by the volunteer IT guy, contributors are donating their material for free, there is one (1) volunteer PR person in California who emailed me out of the blue to donate her time to promote WUWTS on Facebook and Twitter and I am doing the rest.

But rent-day cometh. And I would dearly like to offer the hard-blogging contributors and tech-staff at least a token couple of bucks.

If you’ve enjoyed what a reader has called “just the perfect amount of snark” and we’ve managed to cheer you up at least a bit, as the Synod to End the Family unfolds its noisesome petals into the full blossoming of apostasy and heresy, and want us to continue making jokes and laughing at it all, to the bitter end…

do consider dropping a few sheckles into the collection basket, which can be found on the sidebar of my personal blog, Orwell’s Picnic.

Your support in the commboxes and on Twitter and elsewhere is already greatly appreciated.

I think it’s working, don’t you? I already feel mightily cheered up.

HJMW

8 thoughts on “We interrupt this apocalypse to bring you a word from our sponsors”

1. Richard W Comerford says:

Ms. White:

Thank you for all of your hard work here.

God bless

Richard W Comerford

P.S. The children and I finished a Novena to Our Lady of Victory wherein we remembered your ow,n and your contributors, intentions.

We had that one already. It garnered just over 850,000 signatures from all over the world, including hundreds of bishops and cardinals. http://www.filialappeal.org/

3. JP Cahill says:

You’ll need to keep the Paypal thing up until the end of the month, which is when the next pension check comes. (Unless, of course, somebody dies in the meantime.) GracieLou: I am delighted to say I have no idea who any of those people are. Except Mark Shea. I remember him. He used to be popular 10 or 12 years ago, if it’s the same guy.

4. S Armaticus says:

Hi Hilary, I think that WalkOut Petition was a brilliant move. My sources tell me that it rattled Francis.

On the back of that petition, I think a new petition should be written. This one would be to petition the synod to reaffirm the Familiaris Consortio of John Paul the Great. Since everyone agrees on FC ( 😉 ), it could be a comprimise document that prevents a schism and it would reaffirm the “timelessness” of JPII teaching etc. Besides, it was Francis who made him a saint.

Anyways, something like this could really get the good guys over the top…..

5. johnhenry says:

I’ve enjoyed my time here and have contributed my penny for your thoughts a few minutes ago. Please enjoy the bottle of plonk I asked you to buy with it.

Go Blue Jays! 😉

6. russellstjohn says:

Haha! Just kidding!
    But seriously, Hilary, yes, it’s working. Thanks heaps.

7. GracieLou says:

Well people, Simcha has spoken through Facebook! The consensus seems to be that if we are not bored by all this Church/God “crap” we are: grifters, stoopids, megalomaniacs, arrogant, unpraying, unhelping lazy arses, crazy folk, ugly Americans, Ugly Brits, misinformed dogmatics, and (?) unfortunately well-catechized. You see fellow traditional losers, Mark and Simcha have better things to do with their time, like radio shows about underrated movies. I have initialed commenters except for Simcha, Shea, Joachim (because frankly I have no idea what he was trying to say) and David K, the one Catholic who seemed to give a fig who was then immediately crucified:

[about the walk-out petition] It wasn’t even two thousand people this afternoon. That’s an embarassment. But each has a blog. Or a book published by some company Tom Monaghan owns. So there’s something.

GC: Just saw the petition. Holy crap, that’s embarrassing. It’d be great if people realized that some disagreement is healthy; iron sharpens iron and all that.

Mark Shea: I would amend that to “There a few hundred who think God has anointed them to save the Church from the Synod and there are millions who say, “What’s a synod?””

Joachim: “The Son of Man has not come to call the righteous, but Synods.” Forgive me, Lord. I couldn’t resist.

David Kohler: The new cafeteria rules that are being vetted are precisely the problem … Catholicism does not admit of picking and choosing cafeteria-style … someone should explain that to Francis.

Simcha F: What breathtaking arrogance. Give us one single example of the Pope teaching error.

L M: maybe they could stop griping and do this: (adopt a bishop/pray)

KM: This dissent is so typically American. As though we latecomers to geopolitics are the center of the Catholic universe. They need to quit whining about the synod and start going out to meet their “neighbor” in their need. Sheesh. This synod stuff bores me as much as all the presidential campaign stuff.

KB: It’s evidently British too. I’ve seen some crazy blog stuff over here too.

AS: A certain strain of American Catholic: Misinformed but dogmatic, theological nitwits, inflated sense of importance, utterly ridiculous.

KM: Sometimes I think it might have been better if SOME people had remained poorly catechized (wink emoticon).

8. Chloe says:

Speaking for myself, you’re keeping me going, keeping me sane. Deo gratias for Hilary and friends!