Life In The Age of Fatima: “In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph.”

I have good news and bad news.

We live in the age of Fatima. So we know how this all ends:

“In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, and she will be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world.”

It is quite natural, reasonable, and proper to view the current events in the Church and wonder where this time fits within the big prophetical scheme of things.  It isn’t uncommon, unfortunately, to see people claiming that this or that current personage is the False Prophet or the Antichrist.  Those who make such claim show an errant understand of Catholic prophecy in general.

Those conversant with Catholic teaching on the end times, going all the way back to the Fathers of the Church and detailed by saints in private revelation ever since, understand that our era is certainly not the end times, properly understood, but likely the latter times. Indications are that we are coming to the close of an era that is to precede the end times proper.

Besides the prophecies and teaching about the end-times proper (The time of Antichrist, the Return of Christ, and the end of the world), no other period in Church history has been prophesied more than the end of this current era.  More on that in a moment.

How can I be so sure that our era is the era so long taught and prophesied?  Fatima, that is why.  Fatima is not a stand-alone event in the history of private revelation.  The warnings and promises of Fatima concur precisely with the teaching of the fathers and doctors and copious amounts of approved private revelation from saints over millennia.

A very short summary of events looks like this:

• The Church is in crisis and seems close to its eclipse.
  • The climax of this Church crisis occurs concurrently with a global war (particularly in Europe and starting with civil strife/war breaking out in France and Italy),
  • grievous but short-term persecution of the clergy and faithful,
  • AND a heaven sent chastisement,

When these crises reach their climax, it is devastating. But it only lasts a few years. The Pope is KILLED (concurs with vision of Fatima) and afterward the enemies of the Church boast that they have won. But suddenly, almost inexplicably, a new Pope is elected, a Pope that will transform everything in the Church.

He will restore all that was good and lead the Church and the world, along with a great civil leader from France, into an era of peace (again, concurs with Fatima). This age of peace will be marked by the complete transformation of the world and general end to heresy and schism. The gospel will be preached to the four corners of the world and be believed by many. This will fulfill the requirement that the gospel be preached to the whole world before then end. After some time, the length of which is debated, faith again cools and iniquity abounds, eventually leading to Antichrist.

How long until such things might happen?  We don’t know.  If one looked at the cold war of the sixties and the devastation to the Church and the liturgy that occurred with and after the Second Vatican Council, one might have been convinced that the moment had come.  But in retrospect, we now know that those events were just the opening volleys in a war that has brought us to this moment.  Truly, in very real ways, the errors of Russia have spread around the world in the post cold war era.  They are now so pervasive that prelates at the very top of Church hierarchy espouse them daily without blush and to much applause.

So we must admit, even looking at the current horrors going on in the Church and the world, that things can still get worse.  That is the bad news.

The good news is that God is not indifferent to our plight and it is HIS Church after all.  God will act and save us from ourselves, but the punishment will be worse than anything since the time of Noah.  But there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel.  We have been promised an era of peace, a time of one flock and one shepherd, and a time when faith will flourish as never before.

And God keeps his promises.

[More on Fatima than one person can possibly read in a lifetime, here. HJMW]

32 thoughts on “Life In The Age of Fatima: “In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph.””

1. Conor says:

I can kind of get that statement, but I’m midway through my sojourn if Our Lord lets me hang around for the average number of years and I say bring it on! One of things that is encouraging amidst all the discouragement is that the battle lines are being more and more clearly defined. My grandmother was the most devout Catholic that I know of in my family line…she died in 1980. Like most in her generation who loved the Faith she was devastated by what took place after the Council, but like most in her age range obedience to the Church trumped taking a stance against the destruction of parishes, the effeminization of the liturgy and all the other violence against Catholic sensibility. Like most in her generation, there seemed no other option but to take it. God is forming His army…it may be small in numbers but Our Lord seems to prefer to have the odds against His people or His guy in the case of David, so as to demonstrate His power and that when victory comes, when (not if), the restoration of Christ as Lord in the temporal order occurs, it is by none other than the hand of the Almighty. ‘Why do the gentiles rage and the people utter vain things. He who sits in Heaven laughs’ PS 2

2. Chloe says:

‘Fatima the Great Sign’ Francis Johnson.

3. Chloe says:

Can’t you! Because we might offend the Russians. It’s ok to offend the Mother of God but not anyone else. Heaven help us, we seem incapable of helping ourselves.

4. Chloe says:

Barbara, I feel like thanking God on my knees everyday of my life that I’m old. People say ‘wouldn’t you love to be young again?’ NO! I admit I’d like my health and strength but not if it makes me live longer.

5. Greg oltremari says:

We can know when this will happen because God has already told us twice. Noah was commanded to build the ark and it took him 100 years then the flood came. In 1689 the the king of France was told by our Lord to consecrate France to his Sacred Heart, the kings ignored our Lord and in1789 the French Revolution. In 1917 our Lady said she would return to ask for the consecration of Russia and in 1929 she did in Tuy Spain. In 1931 our Lord again appeared to Sr Lucia and told her to tell his prelates if what our Lady asked was not done they would go the way of the kings of France. 100 years; the question is only did it begin in 1917 or 1929. I think between 1917 and 1929 we will see the famine, drought, large scale natural diasters and pandemic. The closer to 29 civil war , the destruction of Rome and the Pope’s flight and subsequent death. The election of the new Pope and crowning of the Great Monarch, invasion of western Europe from the east through Germany. Finally the birch tree battle and the three days of darkness.

6. HoustonGrandma says:

I know exactly what you mean.

7. Terry Fuchs says:

There was some sort of activity taking place behind the couple that I was unable to see. A couple months afterwards in another vision I saw the smoke and dust clear long enough to see a pile of naked bodies, arms and legs entangled together with their mouths froze open in death.

I do not know, but I belive Russia and it’s allies in Syria are destroyed by a nuclear bomb triggering WWWlll.

8. Terry Fuchs says:

I’ve had the gift of revelation since my first communion over 50 years ago and I barely understood any of these visions I was shown before a powerful vision occurred 3 years ago. I knew a time was coming of suffering and starvation brought about by war, I just didn’t grasp how this war took place. About 15 years ago I had a vision where Russian’s in Syria with the help of many other nations leads a failed attack on Israel, this army is destroyed by a huge explosion.

This is the vision I was shown three nights in a row in august 3 years ago: I could see myself standing in the back yard looking at the silhouette of the mountains north of my house. It was a beautiful clear night full of bright shining stars, off to the left hand corner of my vision I saw a bright flash of light radiate just over the horizon from the ground up in to the sky, then another flash and another flash, soon the flashes of light were reflecting off the back side of the clouds just like in a lightning storm. Some movement caught my attention and I looked down in front of me, I could see a couple trying to walk in the blinding dust and chocking smoke, a vehicle barely misses them as it passes by the couple.

9. GracieLou says:

The gist of the article is that the “End Times” are not the End of the World, but rather the end of the “Times of the Gentiles”. The Great Apostasy ends with the conversion of the Jews (which of course would be a serious miracle) who will in turn, re-evangelize the world. This is a site for Catholics of Hebrew extraction. And are they ever angry with a certain someone’s suggestion that Jews don’t need conversion! Anyway, it’s an interesting article with lots of scriptural reference.

10. Louise says:

Also, go read Our Lady of Quito.

11. Louise says:

Pope Francis isn’t smart enough to be the Anti-Christ/False Prophet. FWIW

12. Louise says:

I’m so glad you’ve written about this.

13. Elizabeth says:

My most recent read was “The Fourth Secret of Fatima” by Antonio Socci. Highly recommended.

14. Elizabeth says:

Thank you, Patrick.

15. R J Turner says:

St. Hildegard (1098-1140) went into far more detail regarding the times immediately preceding the Antichrist. We have access to an original manuscript of the prophecies and she’s been named a Doctor of the Church as well:

16. Maggie says:

With the unusual Jubilee of Mercy and then the 100th anniversary of Fatima, it is thought by many that we will indeed see God’s hand. We are drowning in filth and sin and few shepherds are showing us the way to the Good Shepherd; may God illuminate us!

From St. Faustina’s diary:

You will prepare the world for My final coming. (Diary 429)

Speak to the world about My mercy … It is a sign for the end times. After it will come the Day of Justice. While there is still time, let them have recourse to the fountain of My mercy. (Diary 848)

Tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary 965).

I am prolonging the time of mercy for the sake of sinners. But woe to them if they do not recognize this time of My visitation. (Diary 1160)

Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588)

He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice. (Diary 1146).

17. Pingback: Life In The Age of Fatima: “In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph.” | What’s Up With the Synod? by Patrick Archbold | Deaconjohn1987's Blog
  18. Trackback: Life In The Age of Fatima: “In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph.” | What’s Up With the Synod? by Patrick Archbold | Deaconjohn1987's Blog
  19. Deacon John says:

For a follow up of Fatima, read the story of Akita, Japan (An approved apparition) where in 1973 Our Lady told of the conficts going on in todays Church, i.e., “Cardinal against Cardinal, etc”. Bishop Ito said these apparitions of Our Lady at Akita were a continuation of the Fatima apparitions.

20. Sur Veilled says:

The late, great Father Nicholas Gruner’s Apostolate is the best source for starting to understand Fatima as history, current events, and prophesy of our futures, in my opinion.

Start here: .

Also, the video “Heaven’s Key to Peace” can be viewed here: , and see additional related resources here: .

At the link just above, you’ll see: “LEARN MORE ABOUT FATIMA.
    Read ‘God’s Endorsement of Fatima’ at This booklet is a condensed version of the history of the Fatima
    apparitions and the soul-saving requests of Our Lady and Our Lord. No
    one can truthfully say they don’t have the time to read this Catholic
    treasure.” – try that reading as well.

All of that should give you a solid overview by which you might appreciate the magnitude of the stakes and some sense of what we should and should not be doing.

21. Sur Veilled says:

I would not subscribe to the view that those who control the section of Palestine now known as Israel are the Israel of the New Testament. …Not until their conversion to the Faith, anyway.

22. Pingback: Private Revelation? Oh Boy… | Wheeling to Glory
  23. Trackback: Private Revelation? Oh Boy… | Wheeling to Glory
  24. Henry Craft says:

Perhaps it’s like the Babylonian destruction of Solomon’s Temple. This was the holy temple, where the Lord had mysteriously manifested His glory. Must have seemed like the end of the world.

Except that it wasn’t. Eventually, the faithful remnant got back to Jerusalem and rebuilt a (much diminished) temple. And then waited until, in His own time, the Messiah came.

25. GracieLou says:

Browsing through the website for the Association of Hebrew Catholics I found some rather interesting ideas about The Great Apostasy:

…a great apostasy must take place, as Paul told the Thessalonians. This apostasy will occur among the children of the Gentiles who have come into the Church during the time granted to them for their conversion (cf. Romans 11:11ff.). The sign of this time granted to the Gentiles is the fact that Jerusalem will be controlled by Gentiles until this time is over. Jesus himself tells us this:

“Jerusalem will be trodden under the feet of the Gentiles, until the time granted to the Gentile nations has run out” (Luke 21:24).

Jerusalem was in fact controlled by Gentiles from the fall of Jerusalem to the Romans in the year 67 AD, until the 1967 war between the Israelis and the Arabs, in which the Israelis conquered Palestinian territories including Jerusalem. The fact that Israel now controls the Holy City once again is the biblical sign that the time granted to the Gentiles for their evangelization and acceptance of the New Covenant is over. The great apostasy of the Gentiles, which began during the 18th century with the appearance of Freemasonry in 1717, long before 1967, is probably what brought this time granted to the Gentiles to an end.

In any case the fact that Israel now firmly controls Jerusalem once again is the Biblical sign that this apostasy is now in full swing, and that the Church’s work of evangelizing the Gentiles on any large scale has now more or less come to a halt. We have only to open our eyes to see that, in fact, this is actually what is happening.”

Notice how all the important years end with the number 7 (Fatima also-1917). The whole article is worth a read:

26. Manny says:

Anyone suggest a good reading list on Fatima? My knowledge is woefully lacking.

27. Ever mindful says:

Maybe old, but your inner beauty shines out in your postings

28. standtall909 says:

I read just recently that Apostasy in the Church is the number one prophecy given over the centuries by saints, Popes, vererables and of course by The Blessed Mother herself. She not only spoke of this at Fatima, but in many of her approved messages throughout the history of the Church. If we look at private revelation this is the one prophecy that we have been warned about over and over again. But….as I’ve said before, it’s one thing to read about it and quite another to actually have to ‘live through it’.

29. Djk2450 says:

I have been researching the “consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart” as instructed by Mary. I just CANNOT understand why it is not done already. The words were spoken by the Mother of God and 7 or 8 popes have performed several half-arsed ceremonies that have certainly not covered the requirements set out by Mary. What is wrong with these guys? It seems as though satan has indeed entered the Vatican and is wreaking havoc with the Church. Like Barbara said, “I’m glad I’m old.”

30. bosco49 says:

Then-Cardinal Wojtyla (Pope St. John Paul II) gave an address during the Eucharistic Congress in 1976 in Philadelphia for the Bicentennial celebration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Cardinal Wojtyla said:

“We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has ever experienced. I do not think that the wide circle of the American Society, or the whole wide circle of the Christian Community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-church, between the gospel and the anti-gospel, between Christ and the Antichrist. The confrontation lies within the plans of Divine Providence. It is, therefore, in God’s Plan, and it must be a trial which the Church must take up, and face courageously…”

I shant add anything of Pope St.John Paul’s remarks given at Fulda.

The warning given by Our Lady of Akita on Octover 13, 1973 is as follows:

“As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and priests.”

“The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres…churches and altars sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

“The demon will be especially implacable against souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will be no longer pardon for them”

Even so, as you say in the excellent piece you’ve written:

“In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph.”

God bless.

31. Guest says:

Were it not for private revelation I might have become a sedevacantist. On the other hand all popes since Vatican II have promoted heresy. The number one question is if a formal heretic can be a pope? There is no way that we can say their heresies were based on ignorance. Even before anyone in the hierarchy can call them heretics it doesn’t change the fact that that’s what they essentially were. They don’t magically become heretics because someone officially declared it, but because that is in fact what they really are.

On the other hand all approved private revelations over the centuries say that this isn’t the end yet. Our Lady of Good a Success made many true predictions and the prophecies seem to imply that Novus Ordo priests are still clergy in the Catholic Church.

Sometimes I’m glad I’m old.

33. Pingback: Where Do We Fit In Prophecy? | CHRONICA