It’s your fricken birthday!

This one goes out to Ann Barnhardt,

Friend, drinking-buddy veteran of too many mad booze-ups to count, fellow-Malta freak, founding member of the Catholic Bitch-Queen from Hell club I’m proud to be a member of and third party in our Roman Furies cabal.

I wish I could buy you a nice new gun for your collection. But we’ll have to settle for tearing up the town next time you’re here.

19 thoughts on “It’s your fricken birthday!”

1. Dawg_em says:

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Ann,
    happy birthday to you.

May the dear Lord bless you, may the dear Lord bless you, may the dear Lord bless you Ann Barnhardt,
    May the dear Lord bless you.

Terrific! Thanks.

3. Richard W Comerford says:

Ms. Susan F:

One of my brilliant posts also went missing. Alas. If properly posted it would probably have ended world hunger. Also our hostess is a Canadian cat lady who lives in the Italian mountains where they have yet to discover electricity. That might have something to do with it. In any case let us pray for one another.

God bless

Richard

4. rpp618 says:

Indeed, Ann. Wishing you a blessed and happy 12th anniversary of your 27th birthday!

5. Elizabeth says:

I’d buy one!

6. Dorothy says:

Many happy returns, Ann! (No tax pun intended.)

Come visit some time, we’ll give you a sample of life in Rome. Only two things keep you going in the Eternal Dumpster: the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and mojitos at the Abbey Theatre Pub on the Via del Governo Vecchio.

I’m the only one who moderates comments, and I don’t recall deleting yours. Just innernet gremlins, I guess.

9. @FMShyanguya says:

Finally just turned legal!
    Happy birthday!

10. susan says:

Many, many, MANY good wishes and prayers for your health, happiness, and sanctity Ann….and thanks for the always kick-ass witness to sanity!

11. Susan F says:

My recent comment was posted and then deleted. Any reason why?

12. HRpuffinstuff says:

Happy Birthday Lady Barnhardt. Your writings have been thought provoking and have advanced my understanding of the Faith. And they make me smile. Thank you for what you do. I pray for God’s blessings for you on this anniversary of your birth. Perhaps a brandy or scotch is in order?
    -HR

13. Susan F says:

Had no idea that it was soon to be Miss B’s birthday when I made a donation via the ContinuetoGive link on her home blog the other day. With respect and a toast, happy birthday to Ann.

14. Ann Barnhardt says:

Aw. I feel so… so… accompanied.
    Thanks, Hilary. It is a pleasure sharing a bench in the lifeboat from the Barque of Peter with you.

15. Richard W Comerford says:

MISS: Barnhardt:

A very happy 29th B-day.

God bless

Richard W Comerford

16. Martha says:

Happy birthday, Ann!!! Rock on.

17. GracieLou says:

Happy Birthday Ann! Borrowing a little from St. Paul on the topic of fools, bitch-queens and the status quo..”.We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. We are [Bitch Queens] for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.” Oh well. Can we have patches made up for our club? Or at least some t-shirts?

18. Grace Clark says:

Ann, I would imagine, would love that!