Yellowstone Asteroid

yellowstone-plumbing-140423

Yeah, so, y’all know that Asteroid I’ve been talking about for years and years?

Turns out it’s not going to come down from the sky so much as up from the ground.

The volume of the newly imaged, deeper reservoir is a whopping 11,000 cubic-miles (46,000 cubic kilometers), which is about the volume of Long Island with 9 miles of hot rock piled on it, or 300 Lake Tahoes.

Yep, that said “11,000 cubic miles…”

But I feel fine.

Just fine.

Fiiiiinnnnnnne

17 thoughts on “Yellowstone Asteroid”

1. Bob says:

Actually, according to geologists, none of the supervolcanoes in the U.S are in danger of erupting any time geologically soon (which means we’re safe for hundreds of thousands of years from them, at least).

2. bosco49 says:

I’ll raise you one.

“Forget Yellowstone… Snake River Plain’s volcano is a MUCH BIGGER threat to America” – The Express (UK)

3. Zachary says:

For the record folks, the US has 3 supervolcanoes, Yellowstone is one of them, there is one in California (Long Valley) and one in New Mexico (Valles) Certainly if God wanted the 3 days of darkness, all 3 fully erupting would do it easily.

4. susan says:

WELL, here ya go….
    “The earth’s magnetosphere COLLAPSED for 2 hours this morning”…gone, phhhhht, disappeared……yep; 2 Peter 3

5. bosco49 says:

If you filed a claim against your volcano insurance who would go out to appraise the damage and to where would they post the settlement check?

I LOVEd that guy. Made the whole incredibly stupid movie worthwhile.

7. Stephen Lowe says:

I used to consider myself in the upper crust…I guess it really doesn’t matter much. Pass the grey poupon.

8. Dr. Mabuse says:

That’s no volcano – that’s Cthulhu’s HEEL! We’re in big trouble now.

9. Helen in Missouri says:

The thing is, you’re in Italy, so you’ll only be a distant spectator. I’m in Missouri, and it happens that the biggest fault line in the US is right here and ready to go. It will take out the entire middle of the U.S. If you’d like a front row center seat I’ll reserve one for you.

10. Stephen Lowe says:

You are just a ray of sunshine aren’t you? But I see your point and I will plant extra basil this year.

11. Rory Donnellan says:

Why would the Good Lord inflict a big volcano on Sodom and Gomorrah and yet spare modern nations who mock Him not only with sodomy but the relentless butchery of pre-born children too??? Frequent the traditional Latin Mass, pray the Rosary daily, and ensure all your horses are paddocked close to their saddles, and the children are prepared to ride fast at short notice!

12. JP Cahill says:

Many moons ago in the last century when I was still gainfully employed by A Major American Corporation we were going to lease some property in, IIRC, San Jose, CA. The landlord demanded volcano insurance. Volcano insurance? Who has volcano insurance? Can you even get that? Turns out you can. The risk management folks didn’t bat an eye. So we got him some insurance which would reimburse him for “damage caused by volcanic eruption”. After looking at your videos, I have to wonder how much good insurance would do him. Still, I suppose if somebody else is paying for it. . . .why not?

13. bosco49 says:

Here is something just sent to me:

“4/21/2016 — CRATON / PLATE MOVEMENT FROM WEST TO EAST OVER 1 HOURS TIME”

Haven’t heard from the New Madrid fault as yet, but when and if that goes we’ll all know it.

14. Edison Frisbee says:

We’ll be the marshmallows… : )

15. bosco49 says:

I’ll bring the marshmallows.