“Gradually” dying from a million papercuts

Following an interesting conversation on FB with a “conservative” novusordo priest who can’t seem to make up his mind to jump into the deep end of the Faith. He says that my rational and objective assessment of the last couple of pontificates as failures is a counsel of “despair”.

John Paul II and Benedict XVI were playing the “long game” you see…

I suspect that, as the pastor of a “cluster” of parishes with … shall we call it a “kaleidoscope” of Catholics, he is more interested in keeping his life quiet than in facing up to the inescapable logical conclusions.

This is the kind of evasion that has resulted in the loss of millions – yes, millions – of souls. The efforts of a very few priests and bishops to “gradually” bring their congregations around by not ever shocking them with too much Reality, has resulted in the nearly entire loss of a whole continent. In South America, Catholicism is divided into two groups: ex-Catholics and Marxist/Catholics. Many of the Exes have gone in for the Protestant pentecostalist sects, and a bunch more have reverted to paganism (I suggest because both of these at least admit to the existence of the supernatural as part of our lives). The entirety of the ruling class in the Catholic Church have gone Marxo.

Well done, gradualists!

Our priest friend asks, presumably rhetorically, “What other route do you suggest?”

How about the fullness of the Faith. The Faith entire, which includes a forthright denunciation from all pulpits in the “cluster” of every one of the Modernist novelties. What, I wonder, have we got to lose at this point?

“Better that only a few Catholics should be left, staunch and sincere in their religion, than that they should, remaining many, desire as it were to be in collusion with the Church’s enemies and in conformity with the open foes of our faith.” St. Peter Canisius.

14 thoughts on ““Gradually” dying from a million papercuts”

1. Mike Hurcum says:

Hearing these accommodating priest I often wonder if they take Christ’s statement to mind. He told us He has to explain to His Father how many souls He lost. Accommodating Priests as Christ’s alter ego

will have to explain to Christ the reasons they have lost souls. How many souls have accepted their new modern “no more mortal sin but lots of sanctifying grace”. How many other souls have received this instruction from their parents and friends who listened and were happy to accept such a peaceful doctrine from these priests.

You have to identify yourself if you want to post again.

3. Guest says:

I find myself wondering how many Catholics have read the whole bible with Catholic commentary. I completely agree with the faith of traditionalists but not with their living. They have doctrinal purity, but they just don’t take the “liberal” things that Jesus spoke seriously. Am I the only one who believes that at the last judgement true faith will not be enough to get into heaven? Charity and sanctifying grace are said to be the same thing, and it is quite possible to have faith but not sanctifying grace. I can’t deny what the Son of God taught, but it contradicts the way many orthodox Churchmen live, talk and act.

The NO do not have the faith and only some of the charity. They just don’t believe it. And out of the few remaining Catholics who do believe it, they don’t live it.

Welcome to the war. Wars cost.

5. louiseyvette says:

That’s terrible.

6. louiseyvette says:

I couldn’t work out why men would bother to become a priest for such a thing. Surely there are other networks. But I see what you are saying about the respectability aspect. Unfortunately, the priesthood has taken such a knocking, that I’m not sure how many still think it’s respectable.

7. Marcus20 says:

The priesthood is a convenient club for gay men to appear respectable while enjoying sex among themselves and with their lovers, who they can share and pass around. It is a network. Maybe as many as 60% of priests are gay, and many are active.

It’s a double life.

8. Marcus20 says:

Death rates among priests from HIV AIDS at least four times that of the general population.

9. louiseyvette says:

I’m scratching my head at the bit about becoming priests for the sex.

The basic problem is that most in the Church, priests and laity, don’t believe Jesus’ words are true, or valid for real people in the real world. Never mind Jesus. Most don’t believe GOD spoke, nor do they believe what He said – the Ten Commandments for example. I wonder what the difference is between us and those who heard what Moses said when he came down with The Tablets? No difference, I guess, because many of those ‘first-listeners’ did not obey right at the start.

I guess it’s a struggle to obey. Question to self: If I read God’s Words and Jesus Words, and obeyed, what would MY day look like?

11. Evangeline1031 says:

Pope Benedict said of the church that it will likely become a “smaller church”. We welcome that smaller church, if it means a return to orthodoxy. We can’t imagine that day is coming though. The world has moved in the direction of modernism. We are the oddballs.

12. Pingback: CATHOLIC HEADLINES 5.2.16 – The Stumbling Block
  13. Trackback: CATHOLIC HEADLINES 5.2.16 – The Stumbling Block
  14. bosco49 says:

I think playing the ‘long game’ by compromising any element of the Deposit of Faith fundamentally evidences a lack of faith and trust in God for Whom all things are possible.