Faithful Catholics to Ganswein: we’re not going for it again, sorry

12313851_10207977070323769_5484684050062912145_nI saw also the relationship between two popes … I saw how baleful would be the consequences of this false church. I saw it increase in size; heretics of every kind came into the city of Rome. The local clergy grew lukewarm, and I saw a great darkness…

“I had another vision of the great tribulation. It seems to me that a concession was demanded from the clergy which could not be granted. I saw many older priests, especially one, who wept bitterly. A few younger ones were also weeping. But others, and the lukewarm among them, readily did what was demanded. It was as if people were splitting into two camps.”

…but it’s not like we haven’t already figured it out…

So, do you think the fact that the Bianconi’s hotel wifi has locked me out of the blog is a sign from God that I shouldn’t be posting anything on the latest kerfuffle? When I try to sign in I get an error page that tells me the “server is not found” and some other stuff… I dunno. Our tech-guy says it’s not me, it’s the innernet’s fault. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I just have to catch it when it’s in the right mood.

I went to Mass this morning and we were having a Requiem. So, of course, we had the Gregorian Dies Irae, which was awesome. And all the while I was sitting in the pew working out a new painting in my brain-o.

It’s the Santa Scolastica I’ve been thinking for some time about doing. That’s what my brain was doing during Mass. Working out the details, how I was going to get to use my nice new tube of artist-quality ultramarine I bought in Spoleto, even though she is normally depicted in her black Benedictine habit, and how was I going to work in some touches of scarlet, maybe by putting in the background of her hermitage at the base of the hill here and pretending that it’s heaven and, because obviously it’s always May in heaven, there are poppies everywhere. (Yeah, good idea…just thought of that now.)

tumblr_m5u1w1qitq1rrnekqo1_1280

<— Like this, only more Santa Scolastica-y.

Before Mass someone had called to bring me up to speed on the latest from our good friend Ganswein, but for some reason it was the painting that was in my head instead of All That Stupid Crap. Santa Scolastica, with her hermitage and the little church and the valley in the background, with lots of wildflowers and some frolicking animals maybe, a fox or two and maybe some hedgehogs and bunnies. I thought I would maybe depict her in heavenly glory, so I could put some beautiful colours in her dress. And gold. Lots and lots of gold!

Anyway, you know, this speech by Ganswein is pretty damning, to be sure. “An expanded petrine ministry…” Good grief. Seriously, do they actually expect people to buy this crap?

I dunno, maybe he meant to spill it, tell us what was really going on, while still sounding like he was on their side, like it’s a coded message or something. “Everything’s great! It’s just FINE THAT WE HAVE TWO POPES, isn’t it? Right? Wink-wink, nudge nudge… Oh, did I just say that out loud? Heh… ahem…”

Sigh… You know, I’m kind of at the stage when when I hear stuff like this, I’m more inclined to eye-rolls than anything else. Blah blah blah… world’s ending …blah blah… invalid Conclave… blah, blah…two popes … blabbity-blabbity… Great Chastisement… yadda yadda…

I think if I had been a combatant in the Hunger Games and the evil people threw me into the arena and threw some New Awful Thing at me every ten minutes, I’d more or less just sit down and say, “OK, come and get me when you’re ready, I’ll be right here identifying these wildflowers.”

Yeah, two popes, and a Catholic leadership that really thinks it’s Just Fine that we just get to make shit up now. There is no more pretense at all that we’re in anything like continuity with the previous 2000+ years of Catholic history. Yay!! So THAT’s what this whole “New Springtime” thingy is about.

In response to an email from our friend Ann Barnhardt this morning, I said,

“Personally, I think we still can’t call it definitively. What we can say, however, with I believe perfect accuracy, is that things are more effed up now than they have ever, ever been in the entire history of the Church and when the sweet, sweet grace of God returns to the face of the earth, [with or without the Great Chastisement – I’m starting not to care] and the Immaculate Heart triumphs, as it must, future popes – real ones – are going to have a job of work ahead of them sorting it all out.

“…Furthermore, I hold that the difference between ‘lay’ and ‘lie’ must be restored.”

What. Ever.

As for the anti-pope thing, I’m just going to stick with my original theory: it’s possible Bergugsie is an antipope. It’s possible that Benedict was coerced and this whole resignation thing has been bullshit from the start and the Conclave was a lie that everyone went along with. In fact, I’m going to go so far as to say that I think that’s getting to look more and more likely all the time. But it still isn’t my call to make. I’m officially agnostic on the antipope question.

The doo-doo hit the fan three years ago, and we are in no position, whilst swimming in the midst of it all, to make such determinations. In the history of the Church, these have always been the things that future popes and ecumenical councils have had to work out. Previous ages of chaos have required a lot more work than a blog post to sort out. I’m just glad it’s not going to be my job.

[But just a note to Ganswein and all the little papal NOChurch minions: you know no one is fooled by any of this, right? You know that, right?

You know that thing when a little kid tells a really obvious lie, and even if he thinks he’s got away with it he’ll keep talking about it? He does this because even if he thinks he’s gotten away with it – he knows it’s a lie and it’s just plain dangerous to leave it alone, just in case someone figures it out so he keeps on jabbering about his lie and making it bigger. You’re doing that.

But just so you know, no one believes it. No one believes anything any of you says. We know you’re liars – every motherloving one of y’all. If you said it was raining, we’d stick our heads out the window to see.

Just to clarify in case that was too ambiguous:

No one.

Believes.

Anything.

Any of you.

Says.

No one.

How do we know you’re bullshitting us? Your lips are moving.

OK? Are we clear on that? Good.]

Yeah, it’s looking worse and worse. But I find it hard to get all worked up about it. We’ve known that we’ve had it coming since we started murdering babies by the tens of millions per year. How is this a bigger surprise?

And the whole two-popes thing that has been bothering us and weirding us all out for three years is obviously something so wrong that they can’t just leave it alone with their original cover story. The self-evident insanity that has descended on everyone since March 2013 is now getting to be so obvious they feel the need to keep coming back and saying, “Yeah, it’s normal! Totally! Utterly! Nothing to see here! Like we said. It’s fine! Just fine…! Everybody shut up!”

As a Traditionalist Catholic, it’s a great deal easier not to get into a tizzy over it all. I Tradded 13 years ago because the logic attached to the observable facts led to precisely this conclusion. The abandonment of the Principle of Authority and adoption of “make-reality-up-as-we-go-along” Modernism. When you’ve got people who refuse to pay attention to the Logical Principle of Non-Contradiction, who deny ontology, who can’t define “is”… it was going to lead to this exact moment; utter chaos, bad prelates just doing whatever the hell they want, saying whatever the hell they want, despoiling the Church for every nickel they can get, using their Modernist excuses to bugger the choir boys with impunity…

The things I observed 13 years ago were like looking down and seeing that I was standing on a road. It was the work of a moment to look down the length of the road and see where it led, and to say, Erm… no thanks.

So I changed roads. I had to wade through some tall weeds and hike around a bit to find the Old Road, and it was pretty difficult to see, all hidden and ignored as it was and sometimes grown over. But it was there, and seeing it made it possible to look along its length and see that this was where I was supposed to be going; somewhere much nicer than where NOChurch was going.

…If ya get my drift…

The things that really interest me now are working out the Chant and learning to sing along to the little squares.

And the garden … And the fact that the elder is in flower right now and it’s bloody well raining again and it’s going to be just like last year when I had to go collect the flowers for the wine in the pouring bloody rain, which was kind of sucky.

And that I have finally collected enough bits of broken marble and terracotta tile to put the little pavement together I’ve been planning (a nice little sort of mosaic thing with little spaces in between the pieces so I can plant some thyme, like Grandma did in hers) …and it’s freaking raining again, so I’ll either have to do it in the pouring bloody rain, or wait until … I dunno, August maybe? Gah!

You know what I want to know? What I think I’d really like some clarity on? The one thing that really is bugging me right now?

Anyone got any idea when it’s going to fricking STOP RAINING….!!!?

Steve’s covering all that other stuff with more thinky-talky stuff here.

I just can’t be arsed.

I’m working on a big project for the Remnant about the difference between NOChurch and RealChurch. And obviously none too soon.

19 thoughts on “Faithful Catholics to Ganswein: we’re not going for it again, sorry”

None of MY friends…

2. Fatima Catholic says:

Bergoglio is not building a new church. He’s just continuing the Vatican II deforms. The Cardinals see nothing heretical about Vatican II. What was Vatican II about if not “modernising” the faith?

I think that most of the priests just went along with the deformation of the Catholic faith, except for a few traditionalists. This appears to me to be the two camps. What is worse is she prophesied that the Eucharist offered in this false church in not truly the body of Christ, but people get graces by the mercy of God, especially if they are deceived through no fault of their own. The holy sacrifice of the mass would go underground and the true faith would hardly be found. I urge readers of this blog to try to read the whole prophecy.

3. Richard M says:

“You know no one is fooled by any of this, right?’

Oh I think *some* people are fooled. I think you can name a few of them, too.,

But I think these are people who desperately want to be fooled. Their faith depends on it.

And there are plenty of Catholics who simply aren’t paying attention, I kind of envy them, actually.

4. Pingback: The Song Remains The Same… | The Deus Ex Machina Blog
  5. Trackback: The Song Remains The Same… | The Deus Ex Machina Blog
  6. Jean says:

This blog post is helping me to put down the doubt and anxiety and pick up my paintbrush and spade with renewed Faith. Thank you.

7. Susu says:

Love it! Warms this old heart to read. Thank you! and it was an exquisite weather day here.

8. Linda clerkin says:

Ok.
    Thing is, over the last four days, a thing has been in my head.
    I died.
    I have a requiem Mass. TLM.
    Black pall and 6 candles and all.
    I’m in thought and start humming Dies Irae, seeing my requiem Mass and all.
    The choir chanting it.
    And all my worldly and secular friends and family in the pews kinda rubbernecking at a funeral Mass they’d never experienced.
    And
    I see this post.
    Outa nowhere.
    Like my requiem thoughts were.
    Outa nowhere.
    Just sayin’.
    I’m kinda hoping it’s always October in Heaven.
    But I’m thinkin’ you’re right about the May thing.

Thank you Hilary, for saying all that, for us. Withdrawing into the comfort zone of Truth and Tradition really is peaceful. I’m waiting for a set of The Liturgical Year (15 vol. by Dom Gueranger) to be delivered. Living the old calendar is a great way to live our Faith the old way. Reading this treasure daily puts us in touch with the Faith as it followed for centuries: saints, fasts, feasts, vigils, ember days, Sunday’s significance as we march through the year – wonderful grounding when there seems no sure footing anywhere for Catholics.

10. Dr. Mabuse says:

Oh, screw this noise. I’m done with all these dirty old men. We’ve had 3 ruddy years now of Benedict’s contemplative, prayerful, foot-of-the-cross style of participating in the “Petrine ministry”, and the results speak for themselves. God doesn’t seem to be as impressed by his clever innovation as Benedict is. And Berthuglio is just happy to grab the ball that Benedict fumbled and is running away down the field with it, while his cheerleaders giddily mock us with all the help “our” pope Benedict is providing.

I’m going to pick some rhubarb and make a pie for my family today. I need to do some things that aren’t doomed to failure.

11. Fuquay Steve says:

You sound like a NO priest with The Host….”I just kind of plop them down…”. And we all know the soil is very thin in those churches…yet I still want to go up the mountain….mixing metaphors and mixing drinks…yep that is me….I am that guy that says “get off my lawn”.

I thought I would just plop them down. In a pattern. The soil in the garden is very thin and rocky, so I’ll dig out whatever there is underneath. We’re in the mountains here; the only useful soil is at the very bottom of the valley. If I stick a spade into my garden, it hits rock after about two inches. So everythign has to go into pots, and I’m mostly concentrating on growing more soil.

13. louiseyvette says:

Re: The Hunger Games. I hear ya. I’m there. Only I’m draped over the banana lounge with my popcorn and pina colada. Just waiting and having a bit of a laugh.

I mean, 2016 is the year of the Great Toilet Liberation!

Oh, and Gregorian chant is the bees knees. Luv it!

14. Kate McAuliffe says:

Thank you for the Chant link. It helps keep me grounded in these tumultuous days.

15. Atsa4you says:

The irony here is that in reality, the vast majority beyond the small “Remnant” who are awake, do actually “believe him” and accept blindly, everything this cabal concocts. It conjures up all sorts of visions of lemmings and cliffs, and pied pipers, and such. Bergoglio is the False Prophet. Its all going according to script, or should I say prophecy.

16. FarmerJ says:

You know as well as I do Hilary it’s raining because of global warmi….oops, I mean climate change.
    When it finally does stop raining, it will also be because of climate change. I live in the central US and I get a kick out of the national news every day where the top story is usually the weather. This time of year it’s unbelievable that there’s thunderstorms with rain, sometimes even heavy, and hail, and even a few tornadoes! This summer I am going to go out on a limb and predict that it’s going to get hot, even very hot at times and this will be breaking news. Next winter it will be unbelievable how cold it gets at times, especially in the northern states. And the snow – even many inches at a time! Funny how they can turn something that has been happening for centuries into everyday breaking news.

I’m also doing the running outside and planting out everything in little bursts thing too.

18. beriggs says:

I had planned to work in the yard yesterday, but it rained 2-1/2 inches in the morning, and I didn’t get much done. There is rain forecast for Kansas the next 4 days which means I will be running out during lulls to plant everything I bought into containers because the ground is so wet. I remember poppies during our trip to Italy in June of 2011 – loved them!
    The only thing I can do in the face of the situation of the Church is try to stay close to the Scriptures, read the Fathers, and partake of the Sacraments as best I can. Then I go out into the garden and concentrate on creating as much beauty in my corner of the world as possible.
    I learned long ago that the truth of almost any situation lies somewhere between the actual event and the things people say to relate it. I am resigned to accept that I cannot know a lot because it simply is not available to me.
    When I became Catholic in 2002, I was drawn by the unity and timelessness of Her teachings. I was in awe of a hierarchy that echoed down the very words of Christ. These times have rocked my attraction for this Church, but I have no where else to go.
    I think I’ll go plant the angelonia and coleus. I think there’s time before the next shower.

19. bosco49 says:

Yup. Things seem to be sailing along just fine since February 2013…lightning strikes aside, of course.

20. Peter Youngblood says:

My mind goes back to the words of the prophet Jeremiah (6:16-30) with every innovation of the “New Church:”

“Thus saith the Lord: Stand ye on the ways, and see and ask for the old paths which is the good way, and walk ye in it: and you shall find refreshment for your souls. And they said: we will not walk. And I appointed watchmen over you, saying: Hearken ye to the sound of the trumpet. And they said: We will not hearken. Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what great things I will do to them. Hear, O earth: Behold I will bring evils upon this people, the fruits of their own thoughts: because they have not heard my words, and they have cast away my law. To what purpose do you bring me frankincense from Saba, and the sweet smelling cane from a far country? your holocausts are not acceptable, nor are your sacrifices pleasing to me.

“Therefore thus saith the Lord: Behold, I will bring destruction upon this people, by which fathers and sons together shall fall, neighbour and kinsman shall perish. Thus saith the Lord: Behold a people cometh from the land of the north, and a great nation shall rise up from the ends of the earth. They shall lay hold on arrow and shield: they are cruel, and will have no mercy. Their voice shall roar like the sea: and they shall mount upon horses, prepared as men for war, against thee, O daughter of Sion. We have heard the fame thereof, our hands grow feeble: anguish hath taken hold of us, as a woman in labor. Go not out into the fields, nor walk in the highway: for the sword of the enemy, and fear is on every side.

“Gird thee with sackcloth, O daughter of my people, and sprinkle thee with ashes: make thee mourning as for an only son, a bitter lamentation, because the destroyer shall suddenly come upon us. I have set thee for a strong trier among my people: and thou shalt know and prove their way. All of these princes go out of the way, they walk deceitfully, they are brass and iron: they are all corrupted. The bellows have failed, the lead is consumed in the fire, the founder hath melted in vain: for their wicked deeds are not consumed. Call them reprobate silver, for the Lord hath rejected them.”