It’s that time again… help a sister out?

12718084_1164346033622199_2032171647015689674_n
Well, the world’s collapsing, and it’s getting more hilarious by the hour.

Let’s review:

Pope Francis:

– blasphemed the Holy Ghost… again…

– wants to “open a commission” to “study” the possibility of “deaconesses” … [And who did he say it to? The anti-nun hive mind. Nope, no signalling under here…]

– used his magic pope-wand to erase the millennia-old right of bishops to establish religious orders in their sees

– denied the teaching of the Church on the Catholic Confessional state

– and has taken too many pot-shots to count at faithful Catholics who would prefer that the pope refrain from institutionalizing desecration of the Eucharist, under his most-favourite epithet, ‘doctors of the law’

Aaannd the “strawberry on the cake”…

Archbishop Georg Ganswein has admitted there is a Papal Diarchy and told us that there are/aren’t two popes because Ratzinger thought it would be a good idea.

We’ve had a few signs and portents from heaven above and earth below. Yellowstone looks more and more like it’s going to blow. And the heavens have sent a few shots across the bow.

And our friends in the ever-shrinking “conservative” novusordoist camp keep shrieking at us that it’s fine, just fiiine.

Nothing. to. SEE. HERE.

And we keep going.

We find out what’s really true and stick to it like limpets.

Like barnacles.

Like some other really, really sticky thing.

You and I can’t stop all this. Except we can. If “all this” means we ourselves sinking into the quicksand, we can stop it. We don’t have to climb into the muck ourselves. And we can learn what we need to know to stop other people falling in by accident, and maybe throw a tree branch or something to the people who are just now starting to realize that they’re in up to their knees.

You and I can’t decide whether Francis is an antipope. But we can help other people who might be freaking out.

And that’s what the WUWTS blog is all about.

We’re going to keep going “forward, always forward” and won’t give up. We will follow Christ right on down into the darkest parts of the valley, because there isn’t anywhere else to go. But while we have to do it, we have to go in there, we don’t have to do it alone. We form a chain and go together. And we sing a few defiant songs, and tell a few jokes and help each other as much as we can.

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day:
the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

If you’ve been helped, if you’ve had a laugh where the darkness was before, if you’ve found out something out that you didn’t know before, I’d appreciate any help you could offer. The Donate button is at the top left.

And I want to thank again the people who have donated – and very generously – to keep the lights on, the tea in the pot and the kitties fed.

12314141_410554135820413_3934476404826304301_n
Here’s a pic of the kitties being grateful. That’s, left to right, Pippin, Bertie Wooster and King Henry. [I know, cute kitty pics; shameless isn’t it?]

16 thoughts on “It’s that time again… help a sister out?”

1. Kate says:

Thought I would share a funny story ~ my 16yr old son was helping my husband clean out our van. All the seats had been pulled out. He (my son) said to my husband, “Dad, I found Eric.” Husband, “Eric?” Son, ” Yeah you know, Eric the half-a-bee.” My husband was a big Monty Python fan back in the day and my son has a really good memory for quotes. My son has never watched Monty Python but he knows most of the best quotes from table conversations. I came home from work and they told me that M had found Eric ~ the half-a-bee. I laughed.

2. louiseyvette says:

“Like some other really, really sticky thing.”

Yep. Inspirational. 🙂

None, I’m afraid.

4. Pete in TX says:

Dear Miss White,

Do you have any friends or associates who belong to any of the Orthodox churches? I’ve heard conflicting accounts of the following story and would like to know what really happened during Putin’s visit to Mount Athos and its significance.

5. Lynne says:

I hate Paypal but every time I use it to fund someone good like you or Steve I feel like I’m sticking it to the “man”. I will send a contribution along on the next payday. And thanks for the kitty picture. 🙂

This is in response to the “I hate paypal” and “do you take credit cards” comments here and via email:

I’m she, yep. but I only do Paypal. The donate button on WUWTS blog automatically brings you to the dedicated pp page. The presence of credit card icons on the button on Orwell’s Picnic is not of my doing, but comes automatically with the type of PP button for blogs hosted by Blogger. I have no credit cards myself and have never used one and am afraid I have no idea at all how. I’ve spent my whole life so terrified of debt that I have never had credit of any kind anywhere, and after I paid off minimal student loans in the 80s, vowed never to sell myself into slavery again. I use cash exclusively. (I can imagine one day saving enough to buy something big like a piece of property and have a fond phantasm of the look on my realtor’s face when I bring him a dozen old yogurt tubs stuffed with Euros.)

I know people have moral qualms about PP but at the moment it’s the only platform that will work with an overseas address and a Canadian bank account. I’ve looked into other things and have been told it’s impossible without a US bank account. No one seems to know what to do with a Canadian/British expat in Italy with only one account in Toronto and no credit cards. Apparently it’s unusual.

You could always send cash in an envelope I guess, but I also don’t have a bank account in Italy and don’t quite know what I would do with US or Canadian cash. I suppose there may be a currency exchange in Norcia, though I don’t know where.

Sorry, I have a financial mind that is permanently set on 1978, when people just saved up for what they wanted and only very wealthy people used credit cards. I was extremely nervous about Paypal and still am, but at the moment it’s what there is. But having done the research I know that nearly all corporations are grotesquely morally corrupt and directly supporting evil. Hewlett Packard pays the UN to kill babies in the 3rd world, but I’m assured by Thomas Aquinas that it is not direct material cooperation to buy one of their computers. Seriously, you can’t buy a bottle of ketchup without paying for birth control or the LGBT agenda. If you try to rid yourself of all proximate cooperation in the grave sins of others, you will be reduced to living in a cave and snaring rabbits for food. (An option I’m in no way ruling out.)

It was Mike Matt of the Remnant who finally talked me into having a Paypal account so he could pay me for articles and since I have stopped working for LSN, that has the same bank and branch as I do in Toronto, I have relied upon Paypal and would have long since starved to death under a bridge without it.

7. Eugene says:

Sorry should be “Cara sorella”

8. Eugene says:

Cara Sorellq Hilary along with Steve Kojec of 1P5 you are my favourite blogger.
    I will be sending a donation in September after I get through a home reno. and my son’s wedding. Dio la benedica.

I don’t see anything on the PP list with your name. I don’t know what the “card option” is that you’re talking about. I’ve only got the one Paypal account.

10. Felix says:

Add mine voice to the call for a Post Office Box or something to which I can send a money order.

11. Fuquaysteve says:

I used the donate button on the other site…orwells picnic…used the card option not PayPal. Hope it reaches you.

12. Therese says:

Hilary – Have just sent a small donation and hope it helps. What do you think of the Anglican/Catholic Ordinariate that Benedict instituted?

13. Michael says:

I was able to swing a few bob your way, Hilary. Keep swinging.

14. Kate says:

I want to help you out, but I can’t use paypal. Is there some other way I can make a contribution? If not, I will add you to my daily prayers. I have enjoyed the laughs with you and the amount I could contribute probably wouldn’t be worth the hassle of using something other than paypal.

15. louiseyvette says:

Good luck, Hilary. I’m a bit broke right now, unfortunately. Prayers for now and thanks for your blogging – it keeps me sane.

16. susan says:

Hilary…would very much like to donate to you but Kaspersky is going apoplectic with the paypal link; plus I HATE (beyond my ability to express with human sounds) paypal. Can you give a PO box or some other mailing option for ludites such as I, living in the horror-show that used to be America?