Of your charity…

IMG_7176

At the No Emma Bonino rally in Rome, March 20, 2010

Of your charity, please pray for the repose of the soul of my friend Fabio Bernabei. A good man and a good Catholic, unexpectedly taken by cancer at only 52.

Journalist and essayist, who trained at the school of counter-revolutionary prof. Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira, he was promoter of many initiatives and battles in defense of Christian civilization, especially as a founding member of the association of the Family Tomorrow and the Cultural Center Lepanto, of which he became president in 2006, succeeding Professor Roberto de Mattei.

Fabio Bernabei was known for his documented and passionate denunciations of the promoters of moral dissolution and policies, especially drug trafficking, homosexualisim and “Christianophobia”. His campaigns attracted numerous attacks by the Transnational Radical Party and in particular Emma Bonino.

He was very kind to me when I first arrived in Rome, introducing me to many people in the various organisations, helping me with contacts and taking me to some exceptional lunches at his club.

I’ll never forget the time when I was released from one of my chemo hospital stays and had no ride back to Santa Marinella. He dropped everything at work, drove over to the Gemelli, picked us up and drove us all the way back home, an hour’s drive through Friday afternoon traffic.

Requiescat in pace…

7 thoughts on “Of your charity…”

1. louiseyvette says:

So sorry for your loss, Hilary. Praying for his soul.

2. John says:

I will have Mass offered for him here in the US. +RIP

3. Kate says:

He is added to our evening prayer list. Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him.

4. Eugene says:

Hilary my deepest condolences on the passing of such a wonderful friend. My native country truly needs more heroes like Mr. Bernabei. Of course of I will pray for the repose of his soul and for his family’s consolation.
    God keep you.

5. Bosco49 says:

Dear Hilary,

I have included your friend, Fabio Bernabei, in my prayers and am enrolling him in the Rorate Caeli Purgatorial Society, the 73 priests of which will offer numerous Traditional Masses every week and month for the repose of your friend’s soul and all of the souls of all the Faithful departed enrolled in the Society.

The link to the Rorate Caeli Purgatorial Society is here:

Enrollment is free and you may enroll as many souls as you wish.

6. Christine says:

What a wonderful man. May his soul rejoice in the eternal light of Heaven.