Fight back

Yesterday I was having a chat with one of the monks, who don’t generally spend a lot of time on the innernets, and he was asking me what was happening in Orlando. He’s lived in Europe for a long time and isn’t quite as delicate a flower as many Americans. He has been here long enough to have seen some very bad people coming into Europe, people who unmistakably have some very bad intentions. He’s also been to places like India and Africa where war and danger are a pretty normal thing for most people.

He said, “Americans have got to get dragged out of their comfortable suburban bubble. Out here in the wasteland things can be pretty dangerous. For a lot of the rest of the world physical danger is just a normal part of life.” He pointed out that Americans don’t just get scared in a situation like that, they get indignant, as if they somehow are entitled to be safe and secure their whole lives and a thing like Orlando is something that is supposed to be visited upon Other People, like in London or Paris or Brussels.

“But this is what life is like now. These people are dangerous and evil and they come from a world where violence is the norm. What do they expect?”

Eloi_walk_hypnotically_to_Morlock_-underground_collection_center_for_cannabalistic_slaughter_as_siren-blares
Our oligarchs, in Europe as well as America, have spent the last 60 years, since the end of the War, teaching us to be Eloi. Now that they think we’re suitably tamed and domesticated

(what do you think “cradle-to-grave welfare” is about?)

they’re letting the Morlocks in to harvest us.

Learn to fight back.

21 thoughts on “Fight back”

1. Evangeline10 says:

Here again we have anti-American pontificating, and to what end? I don’t understand this, Ms. White, is it mandatory to be anti-American if one is Canadian? It seems so. You may have heard too many Guess Who records in your lifetime. Canada has existed in the shadow (perhaps that’s it) of a benevolent giant. One would almost call that fortuitous, maybe even blessed. Would you prefer Mexico and gun cartels?
    It is so bizarre to realize we are in a battle for survival and yet still get jabs from the people supposedly on your “team”. I mean, why?
    Many Americans are armed. We are indignant, some of us, not because as you think we believe we are entitled but we know where the blame lies. The Middle East has been a hell-hole only forever, and will likely remain one. What they did there, yes there, was their business, we can’t fix it, but our political leaders and media and globalist billionaires and influential and powerful whoevers have made it their goal to fill the world with the crazy, violent muslims. We work hard over here, and we will fight, you bet. Rather than insult Europeans at this time may I say I hope you all make it. We’re all, all, in a fight for survival, and snooty attitudes about Americans is a mystery, just as Great Britain shows us we actually still may have a lot in common. We perhaps aren’t willing victims as others are. God save the Queen! God bless America and her allies!

2. Mac says:

Interesting. Good for him (not sarcastically). At any rate, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I’m a Southerner, but I’m as sure as one can be about anything of this sort that a very large number of Americans are more than willing to fight back. To a fault, some of them.

Btw, regarding the Eloi-Morlock analogy, I am a repentant member of the Woodstock generation, and applied the analogy specifically to that event a while back. It does remain applicable to some very influential elements of American society.

It might be worth mentioning that “Hilary’s monk” is himself an American, one who does not disagree with the value of your constitutional rights to bear arms, and not a stranger to either the strengths or weaknesses of American culture.

4. Mac says:

Hilary’s monk is mistaking the left-leaning media picture of the U.S. for the reality. I’ll be surprised if many attacks like this are directed against the sorts of places where rank-and-file, i.e. possibly armed, Americans are found.

5. louiseyvette says:

Fatima Catholic: “I understand that if more Muslims lived like Mohammed the world would be a hell hole, but many Muslims are nominal Muslims, just like many Christians are cultural Christians. It’s the way many people treat Muslims that radicalises them where they seek comfort through their religion and solidarity in Muslim ghettos and apart from the nominal community. For example you’ll be shocked to learn that the US considered Bin Laden a freedom fighter and armed him before calling him a terrorist. It’s mostly about oil, because without the oil modern civilisation is not possible. This is why your governments have destabilised the Middle East.”

I completely agree with this. Our foreign policies have caused a lot of instability in that region, for sure.

On the other hand, Belloc fairly accurately predicted a future rise in Islam as an enemy once again. At the time, that idea was pretty laughable, I believe.

6. Dymphna says:

My husband works six days a week and nine or ten hours a day so we can be safe and secure. There’s nothing anyone snide anyone in Europe- land of cradle to grave welfare can say to me. And I grew up in a place where gunshots were common and my mother did not leave the house after dark alone. Most Americans grew up hard and will do whatever is necessary to keep what we have the way we have it.

7. Fatima Catholic says:

I suggest ya’ll study the history of the Middle East since the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Most of the really bad guys run western countries. It’s easy to believe that Islamic terrorism is due to Islam alone, but I think it’s more due to western foreign policy. I understand that if more Muslims lived like Mohammed the world would be a hell hole, but many Muslims are nominal Muslims, just like many Christians are cultural Christians. It’s the way many people treat Muslims that radicalises them where they seek comfort through their religion and solidarity in Muslim ghettos and apart from the nominal community. For example you’ll be shocked to learn that the US considered Bin Laden a freedom fighter and armed him before calling him a terrorist. It’s mostly about oil, because without the oil modern civilisation is not possible. This is why your governments have destabilised the Middle East.

8. RaghnMacConchrú says:

For the pope, with a flourish…
    since he sayeth we all be bastards.
    (The famous “Now, gods, stand up for bastards” speech from King Lear)

Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
    My services are bound. Wherefore should I
    Stand in the plague of custom, and permit
    The curiosity of nations to deprive me,
    For that I am some twelve or fourteen moon-shines
    Lag of a brother? Why bastard? wherefore base?
    When my dimensions are as well compact,
    My mind as generous, and my shape as true,
    As honest madam’s issue? Why brand they us
    With base? with baseness? bastardy? base, base?
    Who, in the lusty stealth of nature, take
    More composition and fierce quality
    Than doth, within a dull, stale, tired bed,
    Go to the creating a whole tribe of fops,
    Got ‘tween asleep and wake? Well, then,
    Legitimate Edgar, I must have your land:
    Our father’s love is to the bastard Edmund
    As to the legitimate: fine word,–legitimate!
    Well, my legitimate, if this letter speed,
    And my invention thrive, Edmund the base
    Shall top the legitimate. I grow; I prosper:
    Now, gods, stand up for bastards!

Raghn (Sorry, I couldn’t resist!)

9. RaghnMacConchrú says:

Have you-all seen that Pope Francis says we all (mostly) illegitimate. Let’s see, what was the word for illegit kids?

Maybe this (he says hopefully) will FINALLY get guys with the choclate eclairs for backbones (otherwise known as bishops) to stand up and remove this pope. (Ok, ok, I know; I’ll go back to my angelology and keep quiet.)

10. Stan says:

So what’s wrong with feeling “entitled to be safe and secure their whole lives”? Isn’t that what society is supposed to work towards? Are Americans supposed to feel unsafe and insecure their whole lives instead?

What an idiot.

11. SAF says:

Insults that we American trad Catholics don’t lob at you Euro-English-Canadians are just fine when you reflexively throw them our way. Many Americans are asleep, yes, and our left is panting to embrace every violation of human dignity already enshrined by Canadian and English law. Sure, we have no defense (Roe v Wade, and then some.) But its weird how I never much hear the circular firing squad going in the direction of that monk who calls “many” Americans “delicate flowers.” Well, if he’s of the decimated Christians of say, Iraq, oookay, I’ll have a listen. He, and you, might want to lay off the condescension. I could understand it if Americans regularly labeled Europeans in some sort of mutually jocular thing, but it doesn’t happen. With all that’s going on, this is low on the list of priorities but annoying enough to comment on. It’s beyond rich, as Edison rather generously described it, to be scolded this way even in passing, by people who’ve already given up their natural (not Constitutional) right to defense, speech, assembly, etc. Sure, the majority of Americans are indistinguishable from their comfort-loving, pain-eschewing Euro and Canadian fellows. Is human nature not the same everywhere? But don’t pretend we’re idiotic outliers. It’s not honest, Miss White, and it’s a blight on your assessment of The Real.

12. Dymphna says:

I think the monk has been away from home too long. I haven’t heard a single person fret about Orlando at work or anywhere else. Most people are going along with their lives.

13. louiseyvette says:

“He pointed out that Americans don’t just get scared in a situation like that, they get indignant, as if they somehow are entitled to be safe and secure their whole lives and a thing like Orlando is something that is supposed to be visited upon Other People, like in London or Paris or Brussels.”

Well yeah. When you have been brought up in a civilised environment, you rightly do not expect barbarity. Personally, I’m shocked when this kind of thing happens in societies, which were until recently civilised. I’m less shocked (but no less appalled) when it happens in barbaric nations.

God will fight for us and we must stand our ground.

“When God fights, it’s of small consequence whether the hand that holds the sword is big or little.”
    -St. Joan of Arc

14. Mike Jamison says:

IMO, Ann Barnhardt’s solution to the musloid problem is a winner-but one that will never be implemented. That being said, there are many, many of us in the US who aren’t metrosexual wussies, and as someone earlier stated, would not hesitate to “light up” a musloid if one were to give sufficient provocation. Some of us are trained, both by the military and by LE to react to these situations, and will not hesitate to do so. Some of us are not “strangers to violence” and are well versed in the dangers of the world, and have engaged in defensive violence in our lifetimes. The US is not as safe as some would believe, as anyone who has been to Chicago, or any other large urban area can attest, and most of us are armed, and do not live in a bubble. The media portrayal of the reaction to Orlando is, as usual, skewed towards the narrative that their owners want to present, and they never show or interview anyone who will give answers outside that narrative. As a matter of fact there are a few reports out there in the alternative media that the father of the shooter is a CIA asset who is actually running for the Presidency of Afghanistan. Can’t speak to the veracity of the reports, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

One of the reasons that I have not gone the ex pat route after thoroughly researching it is because the ONLY place on the planet where I can legally purchase and own-without government permission or red tape-virtually any pistol, rifle, or shotgun made today, except fully automatic weapons is the USA. I can own fully automatic weapons if I pay a $200 tax to the ATFE/Treasury, and have a legal trust in which to hold it, or pass a fingerprint background check. Many decry this a a bad thing, but the only way that anyone can resist tyranny of any sort, political or religious, is for each individual to be armed.

As an expat, you are a stranger, an outsider. If the world economy/western civilization does implode, you will likely be a target, especially if you are perceived to have means. I prefer to be in a place where I understand the language well, have the means to defend me and mine, and the ability to form groups with like minded people for mutual aid/defense. The chances of being able to do that as an ex pat are slim to none, and slim left town.

Our government as currently constituted may kow tow to the musloid invasion, but don’t think that it will be met with the passivity by the people as it has been in the EU when-not if- these musloids start with the rapefests and assaults. Most in the country are on a short fuse now anyway with the political games that are being played, and will have little tolerance for such behavior.

The gun laws in Europe are not uniform, and not nearly as restrictive as they are painted. I, for instance, as an EU citizen living in Italy, am in a legal position to buy a firearm. Haven’t got round to it yet, but am considering it.

16. Martha says:

I’m with Edison and Raghn. A great majority of Americans, especially the ones I know, are pro gun, and do carry, even to Mass. Anyone trying to mess with us will wish they hadn’t. I’ve talked with my husband about the Benedictine option, and the no-weapons-for-civilians laws in Europe are an absolute deal breaker for him. I do hope that when the Musloid sh@t really ramps up that the people everywhere rise out of their apathetic cake and circus slumber and fight back!!

17. Lisa McKenzie says:

A couple of months ago, the report of a man in KKK garb carrying a whip on campus at Indiana University had students not up in arms and ready to go kick some idiot’s butt, but instead had them burning up Twitter pleading for everyone to stay indoors. I mean, this guy had a weapon! When the dust settled and it was found that the man in question was a Dominican priest with his rosary around his waist, there was some sheepishness, but that was tempered with repeating that if it had been true, there was good reason for people to be afraid.

Of a whip.

I think “chestless” categorizes the problem nicely.

18. RaghnMacConchrú says:

Hey Hilary, (American) Go mbeannaí Dia dhuit (Irish; May God bless you, the usual greeting in old Ireland–I have this idea that such greetings were common in every Western language before the Reformation, but whatever),
    I’ve often used the Eloi/Morloch comparison for modern people. Remember when a couple of low-grade terrorists on the run had all of Boston shut down? “Shelter in place!” Yeah, right. It’s a though the Leftist American cities/people/site are saying, “Come attack us and we’ll cower and worship you!” whereas in “Red America” the bystanders would just shoot the terrorist down and go back to their own business.
    Orlando
    Leftists = Eloi: 00
    Terrorists = Morlocks: 49
    Really, are some people so “chestless” that they’re not willing to fight for survival any more?
    R

Edison,

Europe has capitulated and is in the process of kowtowing to the realities. America is only just starting to see the realities. We wait to see what your people will choose. I pray you do not choose what the Europeans have chosen. I think there is hope that you won’t.

20. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

Fighting back on the physical level is the least of it, but it is a step forward. Thus far and no farther…

However, as trite as it sounds, surrounded as we are in this global maelstrom, it is God who will fight this battle for us. As St. Paul says in Romans, “And the God of peace crush Satan under your feet speedily.” (Rom. 16:20). This is in the context of Paul telling the Romans to avoid “…those who make dissensions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them….[who] seduce the hearts of the innocent.” Ha, take that you heretical clergy who advocate for the oligarchs!

Here’s another good one, “The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” (Ex. 14:14) This was Moses telling the Israelites that they would soon be free from the Egyptians. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I have never been so grateful to be a nobody in a world of nobodies. God works miracles through the weak things of the world in order that His glory shine forth. I think He likes the nobodies since He made so many of us. The oligarchs and their apologists in the Church are on very, very weak ground. And deep down they know it. Onward Catholic nobodies!

21. edison says:

This is kind of rich coming from Europe…..where “men” protest Muslim rapes and attacks on their women by parading in skirts (solidarity, you know). Yes, a portion of America has become completely effeminate and buys into the liberal tripe, but the extent of this is also largely a media creation in my opinion (though the bulk of the millennials may be truly hopeless). A good portion of my friends are already carrying and won’t hesitate to light up radical Muslims….or any of the other innumerable a-holes out there.