20 thoughts on “What’s being done”

1. J says:

Thankfully, for now, little of what the Holy Father does is affecting the Eastern Rites. (And of the things he’s done that have affected those Rites, it hasn’t even been all bad.) The sad thing is that’s a consoling thought nowadays. I admit that, besides praying for the Pope during the Divine Liturgy, and the year of mercy pictures in the parish (bilingual posters, Ukrainian and English,) you probably couldn’t tell us from Ukrainian Orthodox, really…

2. Anne says:

If one does not have a PROPER Mass to attend within an hour’s drive, then one may stay home and sanctify the Sunday (read the Missal, watch a proper Mass online, make a spiritual Communion, read and pray). Sin is in the will. It IS a sin, on the other hand, to expose oneself and others to that pseudo-Catholicism. It is a grave danger to one’s faith. And that’s what we have in the majority of churches today., even many of those with Latin Masses (those who must “be careful” not to speak too much Truth because of their compromising ties).

Step 1: STOP with the false obedience. That’s largely what got us here (via Vatican II). Study St Athanasius and the time of the Arian Heresy and what he and the true faithful did at that time.

As for Francis being the Pope or not, there’s plenty of public evidence and also Canon Law evidence to prove he is illegitimate if one cares to seek or pay attention. Then there are all of the prophecies – Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich for one – which describe to a “T” what’s staring us in the face right now. This will all become even clearer very shortly, to those who still can’t “see”.

3. TLM says:

As to staying home vs. going to Mass (even a N.O. Mass if necessary): Yes, indeed it is a real conundrum, but……….I do think the Lord has called us to be faithful however it is that we CAN BE. Yes, for the time being, I am going to an N.O. Mass out of necessity. It’s sometimes very tough….sometimes I sit there with tears, but……….I’m there, and praying with all my might.

As to ‘What is being done’: At least we HEAR of something that someone is ATTEMPTING to do. At least there are those in some sort of position to do SOMETHING. This revolution brought on by the modernists, however, has grown to the point that there would be much opposition to anything attempted. If they even approach Francis with objections to his many material heresies, and ask for clarification and repudiation, there would be a firestorm greater than we’ve ever seen this side of Hell. You can bet that some are afraid of formal schism, and don’t want to touch it.

4. Joe says:

I can attend the new mass and pray in reparation for the sacrilege against God. But how do I explain to my toddlers and young children? They understand more than any of us that actions have repercussions. If I can’t find a trad mass or a reverent and licit novus ordo, why should I put confusion into their minds?

5. Sword of Faith says:

I have also determined that the Church does not reside with Bergoglio and the modernists just because they happen to occupy it’s real estate. Archbishop Lefebvre was, indeed, right to preserve the true Church for the inevitable time of need post Vatican II. I am fortunate to live within 50 minutes of a brand new SSPX church, built because of explosive growth in recent years. It is a joy to attend Mass…and to hear REAL Catholic sermons. But a key to all of this is the fact “Many are called but few are chosen.” Benedict refined this further to say that VERY few will be chosen. The faithful now see that Vatican II was a terrible error compounded by evil use of its “spirit” by modernists and, frankly, apostates and sodomites. I saw Father Z and NCR take advantage of Bishop Fellay’s latest strong condemnation of errors by the pope to emphasize that SSPX is just not “regular” and make fun of the “state of emergency in the Church that SSPX cites for its sacramental validity. I suggest everyone find their nearest lifeboat (whether it’s SSPX, FSSP, etc.) and abandon the ship of apostasy. That just isn’t the Church; and this man just isn’t the pope. Like it or not–especially in view of yesterday’s nice words to Bergoglio–Benedict is the pope.

6. louiseyvette says:

The opening talks of the conference to condemn Amoris Laetitia, last Saturday, organised by Veri Catholici:

Some petitions to the Pope and Bishops, which can still be signed:

The condemnation of Amoris Laetitia by the lay men and women of Veri Catholici:

7. Gregg says:

Lorraine, please rethink the decision to sit home on Sunday. You are doing your soul a grave disservice. Worshipping God is what we were created above all to do, and He still deserves that. …Our Lord told the Samaritan woman that salvation is of the Jews even when many in the Sanhedrin were spiritually corrupt, and he told the Jews who were as sheep without a shepherd that the leaders though corrupt still sat in Moses’ seat. He never said “Have you seen these guys? Better to just stay home.”

8. louiseyvette says:

“AL 156; ‘Every form of sexual submission must be clearly rejected’”

Is this just his usual word salad, or does it actually mean something?

9. Gerard Brady says:

The real trouble is that the prelates who are in a position to call him out publicly are heretics themselves and therefore our present situation is likely to last for some time – barring divine intervention via the SMOD of course.

10. Aurora says:

If we must separate, then why can’t we just join up with the SSPX, who were right in the first place?

11. Magdalene says:

Cannot sit home on Sunday. My obligation is to attend the Mass. Have been known to do it with earplugs in and praying the Roman Missal. Staying away from Mass is not an option no matter what a person’s opinion may be of the current modernist Church. If Christ is present, who other than the suffering one is there to console Him at the foot of the Cross at Mass?

12. mark docherty says:

This is actually the most encouraging thing I’ve seen in months.

13. Presbyter says:

My impression is that for there being an “anti-Pope” there must also be an actual Pope. This is not our current situation. Unless one is to affirm Benedict XVI did not in fact abdicate.
    Francis clearly a dangerously unworthy Pope.
    God have mercy on the 70+ Cardinals who put him in the Papal Throne.

14. AM says:

Well today I learned what automatic excommunication is legally for.

15. TF says:

This is very encouraging. It seems at times that there is no one in a position of authority willing to do anything about the wrecking ball known as Pope Francis. I will increase my prayers for Cardinal Burke, et. al.

Judy, Yep

17. Lorraine says:

This just confirms the decision I came to one year ago. I sit home on Sunday.

But as to the paragraph 1b. above, we have no idea of knowing whether anyone has or hasn’t. In fact, last night, as I was attempting to fall sleep, I was wondering if Cardinal Muller has ever gone in to see Francis and told him to his face that much of what he says and writes is heretical. Personally, I don’t Francis would care. He’d probably tell Muller to get lost.

18. Judy says:

You’re in a Star Trek state of mind. (Matter and antimatter.)

19. Michael Dowd says:

A most worthwhile and necessary effort to be sure.

20. Ronald Blake says:

I have read with bemusement the attention given to the issue of whether or not Benedict XVI’s renunciation of the Papacy was valid. I just don’t care. I am concerned with the reality of what we face here and now…Bergoglio and the soporific men “manning” this Church.