Feel free to pile on…

Having a bit of fun over on Twitter…

At least one thing is accomplished by this kind of mendacious hit-piece (as opposed to the truthful kind you get from us). It is demonstrating my theory that Francis is having a positive effect on the discourse. No one can now deny that the false distinction between “conservatives” and “liberals” in the novusordo Church is and always has been meaningless.

12 thoughts on “Feel free to pile on…”

1. Guest says:

What are the odds Johnny has more than an academic interest in this particular topic?

2. Eugene says:

I guess this gives some comfort in no longer supporting NCR’s owner, EWTN.

3. Marie says:

Ugh..so sorry. Fat fingers, small key board.

4. Marie says:

I left a message with EWTN..light up the boards people.
    He is a disgrace. Not that I have been a an of either EWTN or NCR for years now. Mother Angelica would be rolling in her grave at what avtravesty her dream has become at the hands NeoCatholics.

5. DJR says:

LB236 says:
    Well, that didn’t last long. The “Reporter” is now claiming that it was posted without editorial review and has taken it down. I didn’t get a chance to read Shimek’s straw-man attack, but based on the comments that still remain on what was the post, it truly touched a nerve.
    ____

You can read the entire thing at Vox Cantoris.

– DJR

6. Angelo says:

That post was removed from NCR.

7. LB236 says:

Maybe some of the “conservatives” within the Church are beginning to wake up after all.

8. Matt K says:

Looks like they’ve retracted it. Fine by me, my cardiovascular system can use all the rest it can get these days.

9. Fuquaysteve says:

I find it humorous and extremely sad. Ignorance and bluster are main ingredients for N.O. success. I find their outcome bitter and wanting.

10. Judy says:

The only time I click on any link to the Register is if I see that Pentin is the author. Fisher, Shea, Shimek, and Akin are living in some alternate Church reality, where all of Francis’ heresies are nuggets of wisdom and Catholics wearing t-shirts with scripture on them (while they embrace homosexuality, divorce and contraception) means that Vatican II was a smashing success.

11. Martha says:

What a douche. What was his line, something like, “We can’t let the far right determine the course of the Church.” Really, but we can let the far left? What a douche.

12. Gerard Brady says:

Cardinal Sarah would seem to be on the side of TraditionalISM. Mind you, what does he know he’s only the head of the Congregation for Divine Worship.