Papal Projection: I know you are, but what am I?

13092150_10153976614025708_4363544657678272063_n

I think Pope Francis reads this blog!

This just in from an Alert Reader:

Pope Francis tells new bishops: the world is tired of ‘trendy’ priests

The world is tired of lying spellbinders and, allow me to say, ‘trendy’ priests or bishops. The people sniff them out – they have God’s sense of smell – and they walk away when they recognise narcissists, manipulators, defenders of their own causes, auctioneers of vain crusades,” he said.

579b1c395d9d7d242659363467ed5c98

f8e3c262aeffe8ef7cf0ec83eed00df6

And justifying his determination to institute wholesale desecration of the Holy Eucharist, he doubles down. People are just not capable of virtue.

“Today too much fruit is being demanded from trees that have not been cultivated enough,” he said. Everything needs proper and ongoing preparation, and neglecting that has also resulted in today’s crisis in education and values, “emotional illiteracy,” and a lack of discernment, vocations and peacemaking.

“All of these things require initiation and guided itineraries with perseverance, patience and consistency, which are the signs that distinguish the good shepherd from the mercenary,” he said.

21 thoughts on “Papal Projection: I know you are, but what am I?”

1. S.Armaticus says:

Vox Cantoris thinks Francis reads him too!

PS Of course he does….

2. Linda says:

Rory Donnellan ^ bingo.

3. Rory Donnellan says:

Like hires like may also explain how sodomites infiltrated seminaries, Catholic schools and Catholic hospitals. In the chanceries and seminaries they are known as the lavender mafia, in Catholic schools they are referred to as the school board, and at Catholic hospitals, they congregate in upper management specialising in various forms of “sensitivity” training.

Interesting that Pope Francis says ‘the world is tired..’ what the heck do we care about the world being tired? This says a lot about where his focus is.

He calls the people making the bad smell “defenders of their own causes,” as if the Causes of Jesus Christ were not HIS but ours and therefore worthy of dismissal.

And then he says another smelly group are “auctioneers of vain crusades.” Would those be faithful who participate in Rosary Crusades, or who insist on calling for the Consecration of Russia to Our Lady? Poor Francis: they are not VAIN at all but the most effective weapons against the Devil’s Tools (like Francis).

5. GracieLou says:

I’ve noticed one common denominator among early skeptics of Bogo is a previous close association with narcissists. If you’ve already gone there–faced a very ugly truth about someone you love, especially a parent–and come out the other side, then facing the truth about a pope, is an unpleasant walk in the park. It’s sad, but better than believing a lie. If you’ve been close to a narcissist and come out the other side, then you know the cost of believing a lie. Henry Collins song, “Liar”: “I’ll hide behind a smile, and understanding eyes…And all the time that you’re needing me, is just the time that I’m bleeding you…Cause Im a liar, I’m a liar, I’ll rip your mind out, I’ll burn your soul, I’ll turn you into me, I’ll turn you into me.”

The best advice meme I’ve ever seen says, “YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SET YOURSELF ON FIRE TO KEEP OTHER PEOPLE WARM.”

6. Linda says:

Rory Donnellan ,
    Because like hires like.

7. Ursula says:

Hey! Eustace Scrub turned out ok in the end!

8. johnhenry says:

All these years (3 anyway) I thought George McGovern was dead. But here’s Da Ting…Despite all the well written, entertaining and informative green ink spilled on this blog and on Hilary’s fellow tin foil mad hatter blog (Barnhardt), I remain convinced that the man they sometimes call Bergoglio (who dat?) is THE pope, and therefore worthy of our respect, grudging or otherwise. Neither of these chicks has enough polemical power to persuade me otherwise, although I kind of wish they did. Until that happens , which it won’t, I refuse to ever come here again. Probably.

I did send a small PayPal thing to Hilary back at the time of the 2015 Synod, so I’m not a total loss to this St Trinian’s Madhouse.

9. Rory Donnellan says:

So why does Pope Francis keep appointing trendy, narcissistic modernist Bishops and Cardinals?

10. Brian Miles says:

You’re right, Hilary, this is probably the most transparent act of narcissistic projection I’ve ever witnessed, and I can’t stop doing the goldfish.

He’s worse than Eustace Scrubb…and that’s saying something.

11. Patricia Shaw says:

The classic case of projection is the adulterous husband who accuses his innocent wife of his own sin. He monitors her schedule, phone calls, associations and gas mileage for evidence of unfaithfulness, when all the while it is he who is strays.

12. Linda says:

Phooey, that’s a lot of typos in my post just now.
    Sorry.

13. Linda says:

S. Armaticus,
    Yep.
    Control freaks/bad guys have been paranoid side the beginning of time.
    They spy in their neighbors, everyone. It’s a character mark.
    All throughout history.
    I’m think they’re reading Barnhardt, too, starting a long time ago.
    Aw, man. Now I’m reeeeely on the radar.

I love my readers!

15. S.Armaticus says:

So it’s not just me!

I have no proof but I suspect he has a team that monitors the “enemy” blogs. Something along the lines of a “Clinton War Room”. Stuff he says, especially in his daily homilies is stuff that sound eerily familiar. It is as if he read it on a blog a few days earlier and was responding to it with a 2 day delay.

Bigger picture, he really has no “positive” message since he is such a bad “theologian”. From what I understand, his formation was a joke. In Buenos Aires he got by, since no one payed any attention to what he said from the pulpit, since he tried not to say anything of substance.

The part of his “teaching” office that everyone picks up on, and that he will be known for, is the abuse that he hurls at his enemies, real and imagined. I personally think that his abusive language is a “technique” for disguising his lack of teaching anything that is worth while. Even his papal docs are ghost written. So resorting to psychological mechanism like projection or the psychological/rhetorical “gas lighting” of his opponents fits nicely in the big scheme of things.

And since I am on the subject, remember the notorious “god of surprises”? Notice how he stopped using that literary device which was nothing more than his thinly veiled alter ego. The blogs FrancisMercilessly ridiculed him for it. The “lukewarm Christians” is another one. Someone must have told his that “it wasn’t playing well” outside Sanctae Marthae.

Wonder if maybe it was this guy here: http://voxcantor.blogspot.com/2016/05/father-tom-rosica-receives-prestigious.html

16. Maggie says:

Yeah, those “trendy ” prelates who are all about climate change, sustainability, and immigration….

17. Linda clerkin says:

Everybody wave!

18. DJR says:

“I know you are, but what am I?”

LOL.

The hierarchy is bringing us back to the time we were kids playing in the school yard.

Here’s another one.

I’m rubber
    And you’re glue
    Whatever you say bounces off me
    And sticks to you.

19. Janet Barbieri says:

Aaaaahahahahahaha. I don’t know why, but this made me literally LOLZ. He can’t help it. He Just. Can’t. Even.

20. Warren Memlib says:

[Is the first quotation by FrankenPope an example of what Dr. Jeff Mirus had in mind when he wrote in “For those who are outraged: Even Pope Francis does not know the proper interpretation of Amoris Laetitia” ( http://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/otc.cfm?id=1415 )?]

“History provides striking examples of how the particular wording that ultimately made it into a Magisterial document actually admits of interpretations other than what the pope or council apparently had in mind, or other than what everybody presumed at the time. For example, many statements which surround the doctrine extra ecclesiam nulla salus have this character. On careful study, the continuing Magisterium of the Church has found that they do not actually require the conclusions which were very likely in the minds of the popes or councils that issued them, and which were widely thought proper at the time.”

[Or is it simply an example of “People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones”?]

21. Fuquay Steve says:

This is just crazy stuff….is it Opposite Day again? I am starting to think that we are stuck in a Fellini movie with bizarre characters all around and Uncle Leo up in a tree.