Bye NuChurch…

Sorry to say, it wasn’t nice  knowing you. Not at all.

I realize things have been pretty Norcia-y around here, and not really very much about the incredible melt-down we’re now all watching in fascinated horror, of Francis-Church.

Believe me, I’m paying attention.

Here’s my thing for One Peter Five, that I’m told got quite a lot of attention among bishops, including in Rome.

And here’s my other thing for the Remnant, about the incredible escalation by Francismouthpiece Patriarch Bartholomew, who pretty much said that Amoris Laetitia is giving Pope Francis a license to re-write Trinitarian doctrine.

And of course, I’ve been Tweeting three-minute mile.

Yeah. It’s definitely getting a LOT weirder, and quite a bit faster than we expected. What’s really driving it of course is Francis himself and his pals, pushing the limits. As soon as they saw serious, grown-up canonical opposition, they knew they were in trouble. It’s pretty telling what kind of people we’re dealing with that their response to the Dubia has been to launch childish taunts and amateurish Twitter campaigns, media interviews and … yes, I know we’ve all seen it … bizarre assertions that their opponents are perverted, ____-eating members of a “rightwing” conspiracy.

If you’re thinking that this business has just surpassed anything resembling parody, and has launched directly into the Gilliam-esque surreal, you’d not be alone.

There’s not that much more to be said about it, and I’m out of time for the evening. I’ll be off for the weekend, up in Umbria where the air is clean and people have real things to worry about.

But I’m going to double-down on my running thesis. This is what we need. Francis is what we need, and he’s doing the work of the Lord, whether he knows it or not.

Yes, it’s ugly, and it’s certainly going to get well past the current fun-n-games on Twitter. There are going to be consequences to all this, and properly so. We’ve come withing milimeters of abandoning the Faith, abandoning Christ, for a mess of pottage served up by the most grotesquely, murderously corrupt civilization-in-decline in human history.

There are going to be consequences.

But at least for the next couple of days, maybe we can all take a break.

9 thoughts on “Bye NuChurch…”

1. Vydunas says:

My bishopric has suddenly become vacant; the incumbent is retiring due to vascular dementia. Hmm, dementia vis a Francis pick…

2. Mr. Ouellette says:

I did not say it was.

May God bless you in every way.

Pretty confident my writing style isn’t the cause of the Norcia earthquakes.

4. Mr. Ouellette says:

Seriously! Couldn’t stick to your own thing. Had to go telling someone else how to run their blog.
    Go to Sarmaticus. Tell him it was all a misunderstanding. Take back your “advice.”
    You ruined it. Now he is boring. We were already well supplied with authors in the “classical style.”
    What is worse, now he seeks approval.
    Free advice indeed. Enough with your helping! Look and see that you are always near wreck and ruin.
    Not saying you are the cause or anything, however I will say your success in finding it suggests it is a zest you have a taste for.

5. erik says:

“As it is clear that the political Western civilization as we know it is arriving at its final phase of total degeneration and downfall, we’d like to believe that there is still enough light in the West to rise and overcome the patocratic darkness by which it is ruled. Yes, there is still enormous military and financial power controlled by the elites that can make big problems, but it is also a fact of life that a social/political entity based only upon physical/materialistic power is doomed to entropy and inescapable fall, which is only a matter of time.” Krum Velkov,

6. Evangeline says:

Out of all the prayers prayed over the course of a lifetime, the one that always stands out to me, the one that has the most likely chance of being answered, the one I think about most but perhaps worry about least, is the prayer that my loved ones and I may all be in heaven one day. I have loved ones who could care less about God, some will acknowledge Him, but some I am seriously worried about who are in a state of sin. But intercessory prayer is so powerful, and I just count on God’s mercy for my loved ones.

Dorata, you can have a beautiful, comforting inner life even in the midst of a family who, sadly, are taken up by the world, the flesh, and the Devil. We can BE with The Blessed Trinity (if we are in the state of grace) 24/7 and take great comfort from just resting in Them. Many of us are in your position. We do ‘hang in there’ but we can also take comfort that Our Beloved Father will bring good, for souls who are faithful, out of this evil.

8. Rory Donnellan says:

Their Parish Priest and diocesan Bishop can together sodomise their own sons – literally as well as spiritually – the Pope can canonize Martin Luther – and yet many Nuchurchers still can’t acknowledge that there’s any ongoing crisis! They continue to meander along to their local Novus Ordo liturgical abuse every once in a while and would be blissfully unaware of the traditional Catholic Faith that lies buried beneath all the rubble of this “great springtime of Vatican 2”. They have been robbed of the Faith – and they don’t even know it!

9. Dorota Mosiewicz-Patalaske says:

I would like to take a brake, but where shall I go, when my family have been infected by the progress of this ugly anti-civilization? I am just going to hang in there, hoping and praying that my sins will be forgiven, and my family saved.