A thousand words

I am informed by friends that these have appeared, plastered up on notice boards all over Rome. Antonio Socci described it as the City being “carpeted” with them.

It says, “Francis, you police congregations, have priests removed, have decapitated the Order of Malta and the Franciscans dell’Immcolata, ignored Cardinals … but is this your mercy?”

Romans, as I think I’ve pointed out before, don’t harbour the same silly hyperdulia towards the pope that North American Catholics have fallen prey to in recent decades. It’s hard to when you live with the guy every day.

Someone on Twitter asked me how he’s taking it.

Oh, probably with his usual calm, reasoned equanimity…

(Frankzilla… hoo hoo! OH! I crack me up…)

16 thoughts on “A thousand words”

1. JP says:

I’d love to see some criticism of his handing of the SMOM from the OTHER SOVEREIGN NATIONS with which the SOVEREIGN Order had ties…

2. louiseyvette says:

I think the idea has merit, Evangeline.

3. Evangeline says:

Louise, I’m with you, only I want to do this in our local area, and have others do it in their local area, and we have a website where photos and locations of our posters can be logged, and, voila! Why not, this was a good idea, and I’m completely inspired by it.
    Oh, I wish I knew more about technology and web pages! Blast my techno-apathy!

4. louiseyvette says:

I feel a great desire to go to Rome and put up such posters

5. c matt says:

The denzinger site has gone dark

Maybe they exhausted themselves trying to keep up.

As for the CCTV footage, just wear the latest Italian fashion – balaklavas – and no worries.

6. Gary says:

Denzinger had vanished. A morning came, and the site was missing from the internet: a few thoughtless people commented on its absence. On the next day nobody mentioned it. On the third day Winston went into the vestibule of the Records Department to look at the notice-board. One of the notices carried a printed list of the various web sites, of which Denzinger had been one. It looked almost exactly as it had looked before – nothing had been crossed out – but it was one name shorter. It was enough. Denzinger had ceased to exist: it had never existed.

(with apologies to George Orwell)

7. Pingback: CATHOLIC HEADLINES 2.5.17 – The Stumbling Block
  8. Trackback: CATHOLIC HEADLINES 2.5.17 – The Stumbling Block
  9. louiseyvette says:

Frankzilla, Frankenpope. Ya gotta laugh.

10. Isabel says:

I read that the authorities are busy searching the CCTV videos for pictures of the “perpetrators.” Fortunately, if they were just posting on those boards (meant for posting announcements) and not directly on the walls, I think they’re within the law. But if I were a poster, I’d be worried that Francis would send his goon – oops, I mean “Mercy” – squads after me. Seriously, I don’t think he’s above physical intimidation.

11. Fuquaysteve says:

Fake outrage from the powers that be (and Benedict) will ensue. Burke will be blamed and reassigned to Vatican top janitor.

12. Austin says:

The cardinals, as a body, have proved themselves utterly pusillanimous and impotent — the obvious exceptions being noted. They are the end result of a promotions system generally designed to promote company men who toe the line, rather than shepherds, prophets, and saints.

The Confraternities of Clergy, with far more to lose, have been more courageous than the cardinals in standing up for what, five short years ago, they were all supposed to be defending.

The laity and low-level clergy are going to have to take the Church back. There has been a coup at court, and the princes are paralyzed.

13. Fuquaysteve says:

The denzinger site has gone dark…No posts in quite a while. I think a lesson on obedience is being exercised. There is a story there I think.

14. Standtall909 says:

His behavior is SO BIZARRELY anti Catholic and anti Christian in general that his antics have even reached the secular news. By this time even nominal Catholics have to be looking at him cross eyed. Instead of asking if the Pope is ‘Catholic’ people should be starting to ask “Is the Pope even Christian”? When he tells us that following ALL TEN COMMANDMENTS is holding us back, Christians at large have to be doubtful that he is.

I believe there are whole websites dedicated to this very thing. https://en.denzingerbergoglio.com/ and Voice of the Family has been keeping rather close track. http://voiceofthefamily.com/where-does-pope-francis-really-stand-on-contraception/

16. Evangeline says:

I’m with Isabel. If someone laid out on paper all the things he has said and done, wow, what a collection. But isn’t it funny how like the frogs in the pot we really are? If a pope had said or done five of the things he’s done, ten years ago, it would have been a totally different reaction, but like the frogs, we keep waiting for that water to cool down.
    But look here, someone in Rome has decided to make a statement. If I had been in Rome and knew about this effort I would have been happy to help print them up and put them up. I would like to thank whoever did this. You spoke for many hurting Catholics. Thank you! Perhaps this will give him pause before he takes away Cardinal Raymond Burke’s red hat. This is exactly what is needed, for him to be help publicly accountable. It’s going to make him even madder, but who cares. We’re on to him.

17. Isabel says:

I keep hoping he’ll overplay his hand, and maybe he has done so at last. The Malta episode was so blatantly an exercise of unjust, dictatorial whim that I think even some of his defenders were stunned. At some point, something’s gotta give.