The Rosary

No music. No saccharine, sighing female voices emoting into your face.

Just the Rosary, with the appropriate scripture bits, spoken plainly.

Of your kindness, please spare a prayer for the swift resolution to my home situation. Things have become more complicated and difficult.

6 thoughts on “The Rosary”

1. Jeanne Smits says:

Yes I will. And please, please think of asking saint Anne for a bit of help. The best grandmother ever. She’s helped us out of terrible holes.

2. Tina says:

Hilary,

Keep smelling the cheese. You go for it! You’ll be in my prayers. Oh, and by the way, newer, better doors open up eventually, I can attest to that.

3. thetimman says:

I will.

Tina

I’ve always been a big believer in the rat-in-a-maze school of spiritual discernment. Your prompt for keeping going is the smell of the cheese. You KNOw there’s something really good out there and it keeps you going. You blunder about, always following your nose, trying this or that way, this door is locked and the next one, and you just keep trying them and trying different directions, always following the smell of the cheese. The one constant is that you have to keep following it. No point in throwing yourself against a locked door.

I love how the Angel is smiling at Our Lady in the first picture – YES, it was a happy moment!

6. Tina says:

Hilary,

First, let me say that I will pray for you and your home situation. Now let me speak to you as a friend of sorts. I follow your blog (Orwell’s Picnic as well) and have occasionally commented. I’ve delighted in your pictures and essays about life in Norcia. I want to speak to you as a woman of 66 years who has lived in different places in the US throughout my working life. When I did this, I was single as well. I moved because of my job. On two separate occasions, I really wanted a particular job. One was with a major Catholic University and the other was with a large manufacturing company in the Western US. I really thought that each of these was where I was meant to be at that time in my life. At the Catholic University, I prayed before a statue of Our Lady because I really felt that this is where I was meant to be. However, absolutely huge obstacles were put in my path and I could not go to either job. At the time, I was devastated but found other employment and other places to live. Now, looking back on those two occasions, I can see that it would have been a terrible mistake for me to have gone to either one of these places. I now sincerely feel that God put those obstacles in my path to redirect me to the path He wanted me to take. Other opportunities appeared and new paths opened up to a blessed and good life, not the life I thought I wanted. I will pray for you and this moment in your life. God be with you and bless you.