Still thinking of you

Pope Francis lets us know that even during his Lenten retreat, he’s still thinking of us…

… and still hates our guts.

When Jesus feels that certainty of Peter, it makes me think of so many fundamentalist Catholics,” Francis said. Peter, Francis said, “denied Jesus, had a massive crisis, and was made pope!”

I don’t remember where I saw it, but I recall a couple of days ago seeing someone warn that just because he’s on retreat doesn’t mean he hasn’t got a whole file of his daily insults, heresies and blasphemies all spooled up and ready to launch.

And sure enough, the Ol’ Faithful geyser hasn’t disappointed.

I suppose by now nearly everyone has seen it. I was in Perugia for the last couple of days and not paying much attention, and even I saw it. And I was kind of, “Yeah… whatever…”

I guess the only thing I really have to say about this now is that by this time these shouldn’t really worry us that much. In the first couple of years when we were all trying to figure out what was going on, they had the ability to shock and dismay us. But at this point, his cards are all on the table. We know exactly who this guy is, and what he’s all about. We know who his friends are and what they are about. And we are very familiar with his rather small set of talking points.  Bit of a broken record, to be honest.

If we react with more than a shrug then we should maybe concentrate more on our own faith, on keeping our eyes locked on Christ instead of every little gnat-bite this creature wants to inflict. Thicken up the skin a bit.

Really, there isn’t much more that he needs to tell us.

13 thoughts on “Still thinking of you”

1. wewjude says:

The novus ordo religion needs to be felled to the floor and have a Catholic knee shatter its left cheekbone. That means if the bloody resignation is valid, they can damn well demonstrate the validity explicitly, with precise theological and canonical foundations, or they can (ahead of schedule) GO. TO. HELL. by gladstone2

2. louiseyvette says:

We know the man is evil, and a wicked Pope, and a Peronist Marxist Psycho. So really… he’s a yawn.

It’s just the souls in danger of Hell I worry about.

3. Linda says:

He sure does think about us a lot.
    A lot.

4. Heminarian says:

The Catechism of the Catholic Church says it was Peter’s PROFESSION of faith (“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”) which made him the first pope:

“From the beginning this acknowledgment of Christ’s divine sonship will be the center of the apostolic faith, first professed by Peter as the Church’s foundation” (442)

Now Pope Francis seems to be saying that it was Peter’s DENIAL of Christ, his “massive crisis of faith,” that made him pope.

Who is this Francis? Never mind the pope, can he even be an antipope? Wouldn’t an antipope find it in his best interests to defend the primacy of Peter?

5. Jean says:

The one thing I’d like him to tell us is, either, “I’m sorry. I was wrong.” or “Good bye.”
    I shall continue my novena.

6. John F. Kennedy says:

I like your choice of music. I’ve not heard of it before. How did someone of your age hear of such a tune? An old movie?

7. Evangeline says:

Let’s keep asking God to remedy this situation. No Cardinals on white horses are coming. As far as I’m concerned he wrecked the Church and they helped.

JFK,

What an extremely odd question. Swing is there. It is part of the culture in the same way Beethoven and Beowulf are. How do you know about anything that happened before you were born?

I don’t know why but there seems to be some sort of rule among young persons of our time to the effect that everything that happened before one is born is irrelevant and/or nonexistent. I suspect it is part of the effect of the internet on their brains. I can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve had with a Young Person in which, when I mention something that happened or existed before 1975 I receive a blank incomprehending stare followed by a sort of dismissive hand-wave. “Oh, that was before I was born.” Yes, indeed it was. And so was nearly everything else, you ignorant child.

What really annoys about it is how incredibly proud they are of their ignorance, as though knowing nothing is some kind of gold star.

I heard of swing the same way I heard of everything else that existed before 1966: by being a cultured person.

Heminrian,
    Never, ever try to figure out what anything he says “means”. You’ll only hurt yourself. He does not use words the way a normal person uses words. He has no conception of any meaning being attached to words at all. He uses them exclusively as weapons.

10. louiseyvette says:

“As far as I’m concerned he wrecked the Church and they helped.”

Agreed. Our Lady of Quito, pray for us.

Only God can fix this.

Louise (et al)

Ohh… I’m sure about one thing: he’s not done yet…

12. Michael Dowd says:

Yes, nothing to see here. Move on. But keep your powder dry.

13. Eejay says:

Was thinking more along the lines of ‘I Get Along Without You Very Well’ – Sam Browne With The Lew Stone Band, check it out sister!