Like a polar bear in a Greenpeace meme…

the ground under the “conservative” position is melting away

Waking up yet? Shall I put a pot of coffee on?

But slowly, the ground on which these ‘neoCatholics’ stand was being chipped away, until the only metric left to them has been the Church’s teaching on sexual morality. As long as the pope continues to defend and uphold these, the narrative tells them, it doesn’t matter how many Korans he kisses. All that stuff is open to debate. Sex, marriage and babies is the bottom line. Except that this bottom line has been drawn in chalk on the false floor. And Francis has begun to erase it. The ‘conservative Catholic’ position had been safe in this demarcation zone, at least until Amoris Laetitia.”

No no, nothing to see here… go back to your regularly scheduled normalcy bias.

(Seriously, one of the very, very few natural consolations I’ve got left is being right all the time. It never gets old, really.)

13 thoughts on “Like a polar bear in a Greenpeace meme…”

1. Michael Demers says:

Hilary,

Thank you for your clarification. Now I can sleep at night.

Michael,

“Okay, if I understand you right, we’re on our own now so just chant vespers in Latin?”

I wish people would stop thinking I have a solution.

3. wewjude says:

Either Francis’ papacy is valid and Catholic Tradition false OR Francis’ papacy is invalid and Catholic Tradition prevails against the gates of hell. If Francis remains a valid Pope then Catholicism (institutional) has perpetrated the greatest fraud in history. If Francis is determined to be an invalid anti-pope Bergoglio will go down in history as the greatest individual fraud.

4. Michael Demers says:

5. Christopher Conrad says:

Well said. Thanks for having the courage to say you are right when you are. That comes from following the Faith. Those who say they believe but equivocate in the public square are not worth listening to. And are most indeed part of the problem. God deliver us all from cowardice in the days ahead.

Yes, this is true in most places. But it is also true that increasintly, the few younger people are a great deal more devout, determined and educated. Many of them are self-described traditionalists, and many more are moving in that direction.

And it isn’t Francis that has hollowed out the Church, emptied the pews and seminaries and convents, and desacralized the Mass and erased the culture and the history.

7. Evangeline says:

Most of the neo-cons I know, and I was one until a year or so ago and didn’t know it, are just your average Roman Catholic, attending Mass on Sundays. Most practicing Catholics I personally know, are in the 60’ish range, or upwards. I mean, there just are not that many practicing Catholics in the younger age groups. Most people, are just living their lives, working, raising children, etc. They don’t have time, or maybe they don’t care, I don’t know, to know more about what is going on. I’m conjecturing, completely, but, I think most people just don’t know about the fact that the pope is a raging destroyer who has basically, eliminated mainstream Catholicism, leaving an empty shell in it’s wake. What will God hold them accountable for, when the pope himself has led all these people astray? When our Bishops teach heresy? Perhaps our punishment is already lined up, as our nations fill up with Muslims and our pope and bishops say, more, more, MORE!

8. louiseyvette says:

Brilliant title. 🙂

9. Michael Dowd says:

Tell us when it’s going to end Hilary. Soon or later?

10. Bosco49 says:

Being right is just the ticket to being left. Ponder that.

Call your office…

12. Martha says:

Nice. HV was already modernist. Paging the Immaculate Heart!