Prods: Completely. Failing. to get it since 1517

Now it’s true that there have been some proddies – the kind who like to make apocalyptic videos on Youtube – who have been on to this guy from day one. And good on em. Well done youse.

But this made me laugh out loud.

“Vatican Jesuits are using this celebration [of the 500th anniversary] as a vehicle to destroy Protestant Christianity.”

When your analysis so completely fails that it’s laugh-out-loud funny.

Gotta be off to Mass, so I’ll just leave you with this for now.

More to come.

Meanwhile, rejoice! I’ve been kicked off Twitter for being mean.

Yesterday:

And today:

I’ll try to contain my despair and desolation.

(btw: “Investigating your appeal” in this case means reading the email I sent them telling them, “Stuff it, you pack of retards.”)

And yet, I’m still strangely confident of my ability to live a meaningful life.

And yet, this is a guy they have no problem with.

Meanwhile…

Just a little follow-up email.

17 thoughts on “Prods: Completely. Failing. to get it since 1517”

And it was kind of hilarious when I was on massive amounts of pain medication during chemo; so much so my friends used to play hilarious tricks on me because they knew I had no short term memory at all. No one gets through life without eventually becoming disabled. I had a friend with Cerebral Palsy years ago who used to refer to herself as a “gimp” and to all her able-bodied friends as “TABs” – “temporarily able bodied…” which was sometimes a sobering reminder.

So many days – especially with advancing old age – I walk into a room and forget why I got up; I go to the shop because I’m out of milk and come home with everything but milk; I’ve even been known to make plans to visit friends only to discover that I’ve got all the way to the train station, bag packed and kitties fed, without having remembered to transfer sufficient funds into my bank to cover the travel costs… not once, but TWICE.

What do I usually say? Re-tard! Ooooollllld laaayyydee…

Sigh. Oh well.

3. Tin Rowe says:

I have a “seizure disorder” which used to be called epilepsy but they had to change that because everyone knew what it meant. All the fits got a name change, grand mal became “tonic-clonic”, petit mal–“absence”, partial seizure–“focal” and so on and now nobody knows what the heck’s wrong with you. Poof! Magic! It’s like you’re not even disabled anymore. But I must confess in the two hour “postictal” phase after my “focal seizure disorder episode” I’m flipping retarded. Like actually retarded and it’s really not that bad. It doesn’t hurt at all, quite the opposite. And by God if I’m going to sit there all retarded unable to remember my phone number or spoken language or what year it is I want to be able to laugh about it. PC Twit police be damned!

4. John says:

Don’t worry scro.

5. Judy says:

Well, heck, I knew some people would flip out. My son is severely developmentally disabled. (The county program he attended had to keep adding letters to its name to keep up with the political correctness.) And no one has ever referred to him as a “retard.” Gay used to mean happy. Now it doesn’t. Retard does not mean someone with a diagnosed disability. Saying someone is lame no longer means they cannot walk.
    When Hilary calls someone a retard, it is not a dagger in my heart. Dollars to doughnuts Hilary would instantly love my son for the amazing, guileless individual he is. She’s not slamming the disabled. She’s slamming the willfully stupid.
    I’ve no time for snowflakes. They are useless in this battle.

6. Martha says:

Dude- to Steve and Monica- I think it’s contemptible that you would consider the word ‘retard’ to apply to someone with an actual disability. Calm down.

I just called a woman ‘dude,’ btw. Offensive? No. Context, peeps.

Whom. Yes!

Smelling salts? I’ll check my reticule.

7. Christian says:

About retardation….

Someone get the smelling salts; I think Monica is about to faint.

9. Christian says:

Perhaps come to GAB.AI?
    I think you can say Twitter is retarded there.

10. Isabel says:

Somehow I didn’t realize until now that you had revived this blog – one of my faves! Very sanity preserving.

In the 1970s, I worked for an organization known at that time as the Association for Retarded Citizens. It was a great, very effective advocacy group that actually prevented the – er, whatever they are called – from being dumped on the street during deinstitutionalization. However, it’s had to change its name several times to find the constantly changing PC words to work with the acronym (ARC) and I honestly don’t know what it’s calling itself now, or at any rate, what words they have found to fit the acronym. A bizarre challenge indeed.

11. Monica Ivory says:

I am ashamed of you and you should be ashamed of yourself. Your casual use of this word as a derogatory term is contemptable. Like a knife in the heart to parents , grandparent, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, and compassionate friends. I pray you never feel this pain .I pray God forgives you . I pray I can forgive you and those that laughed along with you. Mockery at the expense of the most innocent is cruel.

Steve D.

If you’re really the kind of idiot who thinks that it’s a good thing for a person to be thrown off a media platform for using a single word that someone somewhere might take offense at, then you’re too much of a snowflake for this blog. I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time over at Patheos.

13. Judy says:

Ah, Hilary, you do make me smile. Thank you for being a fellow member of the Grammar Police.

14. Kathleen says:

So glad I was not drinking my coffee when I read this!

Oh, may God bless you!

I have firmly adopted your term “twitface” for the entire social media mess. It just conveys it all with beautiful brevity. And humor!

As did your use of the term “retarded.”

Mockery is one of the best tools there is.

Given most of the world at this point has so absolutely deadened their God given conscience, shame is largely ineffective. So, mockery can be one of the only things that might jump start thinking in at least some poor benighted souls.

Can’t possibly say how happy I am to have you back in the harness here!

15. louiseyvette says:

LOL!

I’m thinking of deleting my twitter account.

16. Steve D. says:

Only childish adults label someone as a “retard”. It’s very offensive to those that have loved ones with a mental handicap. Sorry Hilary, you deserve to be suspended on this one. You’re not on the playground anymore.

17. James says:

Well, well! You’ve been naughty, have you? Those Twitter jerks sure know how to pick them.

P.S. Thanks for the morning laugh–particularly loved the “Phoenix-like” Holy Ghost and the Can-can Templars.