“God is Rohingya…” or some damn thing…

What he says doesn’t matter. The one thing we’ve learned is that reality doesn’t interest him in the least.

“‘The presence of God today is called Rohingya,’ the Pope said after speaking to an interfaith audience in Bangladesh.

“He did not use the term in public earlier in the week in Myanmar, to the dismay of campaigners for the Rohingya, whose stories of escaping violence in the country have provoked international condemnation.”

What does it mean? Frankly, it doesn’t matter. Meaning isn’t the point and never has been. It means Greg Burke was whispering in his ear that he was getting criticism for not saying the R-word in Burma.

It means pretty much the same thing as this photo.

It means more or less what the “Wwaah-whah wah, wha whah-whah wah” meant from Peppermint Patty’s teacher.

It’s intended to do one thing, the same thing that everything else he does is meant for.

To produce more or less this result.

7 thoughts on ““God is Rohingya…” or some damn thing…”

1. louiseyvette says:

He’s such a cretin

2. Heminarian says:

Hilary is back!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

3. James says:

“It has, I think, become so clear as now to be uncontroversial that what you get in PF is not what it says on the tin. He is not a kindly humble avuncular figure with a winning smile and a passion for cripples and babies, who spends his days and nights thinking about the poor. He is a hard and determined politician with a vindictive temper and an appetite for power and a disinclination to let anybody or anything stand in his way.”
    Fr John Hunwicke

Popes used to be politicians about politics. This pope is a politician about doctrine and dogma, to an extent not seen before but in truth following on precedents set by his immediate predecessors. More and more clergy understand this, but for too many, it doesn’t lead them to do anything differently!. Clerical passivity is the bane of our times.

Thanks Mary,

if you want to talk about any aspect of the Faith, drop me an email or a PM on Twitter or something. Happy to talk any time.

5. Isabel says:

This fatuous fool makes me sick to my stomach. Really, I can’t even stand to see his smirking face as he laughs at all the destruction he leaves with every word he says.

6. Mary says:

I’m not sure if this goes to the writer, but I’m with you on this article. The public statements given by this dude are odd, publicity stunts, to say the least. However, sometimes, his statements seem to have an agenda when they’re controversial. Then again, I’m a pro-life, lesbian, who was brought up pretty damn Catholic, and doesn’t attend church much these days. I’m also American, so I’m pretty much half brain-dead. Take care! BTW, I liked the bit about the author too. 🙂 I hope the tomatoes are doing great!

7. Michael Dowdd says:

Rohingya people nearest equivalent are Traditional Catholics.