11 thoughts on “Not fake news: someone is making *icons* about the document that is about to shatter the Church”

1. George says:

Our N.O. children and sibs will be so happy to have such beauty from nuchurch! “See, tradition is coming back, nothing to excite yourself about!”

I thought the same. It’s beautiful.

3. Kyle says:

The icon itself is actually quite beautiful, it’s explanation seems orthodox and, surprisingly, quite lovely (no mention of communion for the divorced and “remarried”). It’s a shame they had to ruin it by associating it with that disgusting exhortation…

4. O'Riada says:

All I can say is that this is disgraceful. I am an Iconographer and do not like this. Icons must portray the beautiful truths of the Faith, not heresy.
    +JMJ+

5. Irenaeus says:

But why?

6. John Cahill says:

Just when you think they’ve no more surprises, they sneak up behind you and whack you up the side of the head with an icon.

I was going to finish this up with one of those comments that begins “The next thing you know they’ll. . . .” But I thought better of it. Best not to give them any ideas. One learns again every day that nothing is too bizarre for our progressive brethren.

7. thetimman says:

Puke

8. Lynne says:

Grrr… Found this on Wikipedia; The Diocese of Ferns (Irish: Deoise Fhearna) is a Roman Catholic diocese in south-eastern Ireland. It is one of six suffragan dioceses in the ecclesiastical province of Dublin and is subject to the Archdiocese of Dublin.

Both dioceses should be deluged with emails.

9. Andrew Dunn says:

I’m trying to decide which is more blasphemous: this or the crucified cow?

10. Linda says:

FalseChurch’s breakout has begun in earnest. This past weekend, I think.
    Slouching toward Bethlehem to be born, indeed.